Experienced business counsel can provide business owners with strategic legal insight when pursuing opportunities, all with an eye on minimizing risk and creating a competitive advantage. Foster Swift’s business attorneys gives companies access to a team of lawyers dedicated to understanding our client's needs, helping businesses reach their goals, and responding to any legal needs that arise.
Our business law services cover a wide range of areas, providing extensive experience in representing businesses of all sizes, from small startups to large corporations, across a vast range of industries including:
- Corporate law
- Entity selection
- Mergers and acquisitions and strategic alliances
- Employment law
- Succession planning
- International trade
- Intellectual property
- Cybersecurity and data privacy
- Federal and state tax law
- SEC reporting requirements, executive compensation issues, disclosure issues and general corporate governance matters
- Contract preparation, review and negotiation
Overall, our clients are provided with the legal guidance and support they need to navigate the complex legal landscape and achieve their business objectives.
- A publicly-traded company hired Foster Swift to handle two registered secondary offerings involving an aggregate offering price of approximately $18 million.
- A growing manufacturing company retained Foster Swift to design, develop and implement a multi-state, multi-industry acquisition strategy which to date has successfully acquired three companies in three states with a combined value of $35 million.
- A business client needed help with the formation of a bank holding company and state chartered bank. Our attorneys handled these matters together with private placement offerings of $8.5 million and $3.3 million of common stock.
- An issuer needed counsel on a going-private transaction. On its behalf, Foster Swift managed the going-private transaction and a $10 million trust preferred securities offering.
- A multi-national insurance holding company hired Foster Swift. We helped the entity restructure and reorganize.
- A state-chartered bank wanted to acquire multiple branch locations and needed counsel. It hired Foster Swift, and the deals were done.
- A publicly-traded bank holding company hired Foster Swift and completed a registered purchase of a bank holding company.
- Various purchasers hired us to handle a $3.2 million insurance agency acquisition and, separately, the $6.5 million acquisition of oil and gas equipment.
- Various sellers hired Foster Swift for a $42 million sale of an original equipment manufacturer and, separately, a $9.3 million sale of an engineering firm.
We know that the success of your business depends on your ability to adapt as you grow. We want to provide proactive legal insight so you can remain focused on what you do best.
Recent Blog Posts
- Risks Make AI Workplace Policies a Requirement
- An Employer’s Introduction to the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Corporate Transparency Act: What You Need to Know Before 2024
- Federal Trade Commission Issues Sweeping Proposed Rule to Prohibit Noncompete Agreements
- Using Estate Planning to Secure Your Business' Legacy
- How to Protect Your Business When the Marriage Fails
- Process and Requirements of Women-Owned Small Business Certification
- Review Your Liability Insurance on Insurance Awareness Day
- The Who, What, When and How of Campaign Finance
- Key Considerations on How to Sell Your Business
Publications & Alerts
- Notable Shift in Contract Law Regarding Release Contracts Could Affect Automotive Suppliers and Others, Business & Tax Law News, August 3, 2023
- NIL Timeline: The Events That Transformed College Sports, April 21, 2023
- Using Low-Cost DIY Legal Services: Risks Far Outweigh Benefits, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, January 24, 2023
- Corporate Transparency Act: Big Brother is Now Watching Small Businesses, Focus Magazine - Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce, December 12, 2022
- Year End Budgeting and Housekeeping Best Practices for Businesses, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, October 27, 2022
- Rising Temperatures Could Trigger Farm OSHA Inspections, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News E-Blast, June 15, 2022
- Why Trademarks Can Be One of Your Most Valuable Assets, Foster Swift Second Wednesday Lunch Break, September 13, 2023
- Why Selecting the Right Legal Counsel is Essential to Your Business, Foster Swift Collins & Smith - Legal Strategies for Women Leaders, August 30, 2023
- The Evolution and Transformation of Black Entrepreneurship, National BMLS Leadership Summit, August 17, 2023
- Michigan Supreme Court Decision May Affect Contract Drafting Between Suppliers and Buyers, Foster Swift Second Wednesday Lunch Break, August 9, 2023
- Ask Me Anything: AI Legal Insights, Startup Grind, May 17, 2023
- Environmental Impacts to Consider in Business Brokerage Activities, Michigan Business Brokers Association, May 4, 2023
- The Future of Business & A.I., Lansing Regional Chamber Policy & Regulatory Education Series, April 4, 2023
- Foster Swift Attorneys Named 2024 Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers in America, August 17, 2023
- Litigator Joins Foster Swift Law Firm in Southfield, Detroit Legal News, April 12, 2023
- Returning in 2023: Legal Strategies for Women Business Leaders, EIN Newswire, March 28, 2023
- Foster Swift Elects Officers for 2023, Ingham County Legal News, February 15, 2023
- Hamor Named an “Up and Coming Lawyer” by Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, February 15, 2023
- MBN Speakers Series: NSBA Todd McCracken & Foster Swift's Robert Hamor Discuss the CTA, Michigan Business Network, October 13, 2022
- MBN Introduces New Senior Attorney Alexander Rusek, Michigan Business Network, October 12, 2022
Visit Our Biztech Blog
Looking for helpful tips concerning businesses? Check out our BizTech blog. Topics concerning cybersecurity breaches, start-up ventures and much more can be found.