Foster Swift attorneys have a wide range of experience in virtually all areas of business law, and members of this practice group want to guide your business to become successful. Our attorneys can assist with your start-up business, further business growth, minimize risks and maximize opportunities. Our attorneys' experience includes business formation, succession planning, corporate governance, contract review, dispute resolution and taxation. Members of this practice group also have expertise in the full range of transactional work, including public and private offerings of securities, purchase and sale of businesses, joint ventures and dissolutions.
Recent Blog Posts
- Using Vendor Management to Protect Your Business's Data
- Updates on Federal and State Privacy Legislation and the FTC’s Authority
- How are Businesses Preparing for Proposed Federal Data Privacy Legislation? Part Two: Conduct a Data Assessment and Address Risks
- Michigan Marijuana Retailers: Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Risks
- SEC-Regulated Companies Should Address Cybersecurity to Avoid Enforcement Risks
- Are Boards of Directors Responsible for Cybersecurity?
- GDPR Has Arrived and My Company Isn't Ready. Now What?
- Potential $13.5 Million Uber Fine Highlights the Importance of Risk-Based Breach Response
- How does the "Hire American" portion of the "Buy American, Hire American" Executive Order impact H-1B visa applicants and start-up businesses?
- Common Legal Mistakes of Start-Ups
Publications & Alerts
- Beyond the Basics: Drafting Effective Option Provisions in Commercial Lease Agreements, Foster Swift Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News, August 21, 2019
- 400,000 Reasons to Remain Vigilant About ITAR Compliance, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, March 11, 2019
- Overseas Business Management: Local Vs Expat – Is this the right question?, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News, March 12, 2018
- UCC Corner: Do You Have A Contract?, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News
- UCC Corner: Introduction to Article 2, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News, April 28, 2017
- Alternatives to Section 179 for Year-End Tax Planning, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News, November 21, 2016
- Bad Faith in Commercial Agribusiness, Agricultural Claims National Conference, March 18, 2019
- The Past and Future of Equity Crowdfunding, Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC) Conference, October 19, 2018
- Legal Essentials to Exporting: Export Control Compliance Overview Training, MEDC, May 17, 2018
- Emmett J. Vaughan Agribusiness Conference, June 28, 2017
- Export Control Overview Compliance Training, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), March 24, 2017
- MSU-FBI Academic Alliance Conference, Michigan State University, December 15, 2015
- Utilizing MSU's International Student Talent to Further Your International Business Ventures, Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan, November 19, 2015
- Upcoming Seminars for Businesses New to Exporting, Michigan Business Network, March 14, 2019
- Foster Swift Elects New Shareholders, Lansing Regional Chamber, January 21, 2019
- Nows Speaks on Equity Crowdfunding at GCEC Conference, October 10, 2018
- Mark Koerner Joins Foster Swift, August 1, 2018
- Foster Swift Attorneys to Present Accelerator Award at CMU Competition, April 9, 2018
- Attorney Russell Appointed as Litigation Practice Group Co-Leader, January 29, 2018
- Crain's Detroit Names Julie Fershtman in 2017 Notable Women Lawyers, Crain's Detroit, December 14, 2017
Visit Our Biztech Blog
Looking for helpful tips concerning businesses? Check out our BizTech blog. Topics concerning cybersecurity breaches, start-up ventures and much more can be found.