Foster Swift attorneys have a wide range of experience in virtually all areas of business law, and members of this practice group want to guide your business to become successful. Our attorneys can assist with your start-up business, further business growth, minimize risks and maximize opportunities. Our attorneys' experience includes business formation, succession planning, corporate governance, contract review, dispute resolution and taxation. Members of this practice group also have expertise in the full range of transactional work, including public and private offerings of securities, purchase and sale of businesses, joint ventures and dissolutions.
Recent Blog Posts
- GDPR Has Arrived and My Company Isn't Ready. Now What?
- Potential $13.5 Million Uber Fine Highlights the Importance of Risk-Based Breach Response
- How does the "Hire American" portion of the "Buy American, Hire American" Executive Order impact H-1B visa applicants and start-up businesses?
- Common Legal Mistakes of Start-Ups
- Action Required to Keep Your DMCA Safe Harbor Protection
- Assembling Your Company's Data Breach Response Plan
- Identity Theft: How to Reduce the Risk and Mitigate the Harm
- Update: Lansing Cyberattack Underscores Need for Cyber Insurance Coverage
- SEC Finalizes Long-Awaited Title III Crowdfunding Rules
- What is a Covenant not to Compete?
Publications & Alerts
- Overseas Business Management: Local Vs Expat – Is this the right question?, March 2018 Business & Corporate Law News, March 12, 2018
- UCC Corner: Do You Have A Contract?, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News
- UCC Corner: Introduction to Article 2, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News, April 28, 2017
- Alternatives to Section 179 for Year-End Tax Planning, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News, November 21, 2016
- Business Best Practices for Monitoring and Protecting Intellectual Property, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News, November 21, 2016
- Should Your Farm Use the Section 179 Deduction this Year?, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, November 18, 2016
- Nows Speaks on Equity Crowdfunding at GCEC Conference, October 10, 2018
- Mark Koerner Joins Foster Swift, August 1, 2018
- Foster Swift Attorneys to Present Accelerator Award at CMU Competition, April 9, 2018
- Attorney Russell Appointed as Litigation Practice Group Co-Leader, January 29, 2018
- Crain's Detroit Names Julie Fershtman in 2017 Notable Women Lawyers, Crain's Detroit, December 14, 2017
- Ryan Lamb to Speak at Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan, November 19, 2015
- Nicholas Oertel to Lead Workshop for Global Entrepreneurship Week at MSU, November 18, 2015
- Bad Faith in Commercial Agribusiness, Agricultural Claims National Conference, March 18, 2019
- The Past and Future of Equity Crowdfunding, Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC) Conference, October 19, 2018
- Legal Essentials to Exporting: Export Control Compliance Overview Training, MEDC, May 17, 2018
- Emmett J. Vaughan Agribusiness Conference, June 28, 2017
- Export Control Overview Compliance Training, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), March 24, 2017
- MSU-FBI Academic Alliance Conference, Michigan State University, December 15, 2015
- Utilizing MSU's International Student Talent to Further Your International Business Ventures, Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan, November 19, 2015
Visit Our Biztech Blog
Looking for helpful tips concerning businesses? Check out our BizTech blog. Topics concerning cybersecurity breaches, start-up ventures and much more can be found.
Of Related Interest
- Sign Up for Business Law Update, November 8, 2016