The unpredictability of today's financial markets makes it more important than ever for banks and businesses to have trusted legal counsel.
The banking and finance attorneys at Foster Swift have substantial experience in representing their clients in the following services:
- Banking or financial holding companies and banks in de novo bank and merger and acquisition applications; FDIC, Fed, OCC, NCUA, OFIR, and SEC applications, filings and disputes; and regulatory compliance issues
- Dodd-Frank regulations and compliance issues
- Lenders and borrowers in complex loan transactions, including commercial real estate, asset-based lending, and consumer loans
- Financial institutions in lender liability, environmental, and other complex litigation
- Retail operations, best practices and issues
- Lenders in loan workouts, bankruptcy, collection and foreclosure matters
- Lenders and bankruptcy trustees in asset recovery, preferences, and lien avoidance actions
- Business entities and investors raising or lending capital in the private financial markets, including private offerings and angel investing
- Tax increment financing
- Corporate governance, best practices, and securities issues
- Counsel and guidance to financial institutions on regulatory compliance
- Bank mergers and acquisitions
- TARP, TALF applications and issues
- Establishing an Economic Recovery Task Force to advise and assist clients with all aspects of the economic downturn, including the opportunities it provides
- Principal counsel for and organizing a de novo financial holding company and bank, including preparation of a private placement memorandum for the raising of capital
- Assisted with ACH issues and agreements
- Simultaneous merger of two banks into a third to form a billion dollar financial holding company
- Fed and SEC applications and notices for acquiring, organizing and reorganizing bank and non-bank subsidiary activities
- Applications for TARP funding
Our attorneys are well-versed in changing laws and regulations. We develop the best plans that let clients address their problems or meet their goals. Regardless of the issue or its complexity, banks and corporations, for-profit and non-profit alike, have sought the skills and experience of Foster Swift.
AFFORDABILITY AND CONNECTIONS
Clients appreciate the value and results-oriented attitude we offer. By working closely with clients, we are able to customize fee arrangements that help meet their budget parameters. This allows us to provide the highest level of legal service at the lowest reasonable cost.
Our clients also rely on the professional working relationships our attorneys have developed with many key government and executive branch decision-makers, including state and federal financial institution regulators.
In short, Foster Swift provides comprehensive legal services to clients in banking and finance. Both institutional and individual clients benefit from the firm’s deep experience, knowledge of the law and reputation for outstanding attention to service.
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Banking and Finance Law in Lansing by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014.
Publications & Alerts
- How to Avoid Bankruptcy and Build a Strong, Successful Business, March 2018 Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy News, March 1, 2018
- Governor Signs Bill Adopting the Uniform Commercial Real Estate Receivership Act, February 2018 Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News E-blast, February 7, 2018
- Receivers and New Michigan Court Rule, Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy News, May 30, 2014
- Financial Institutions Must Respond Timely to Consumer Disputes, Foster Swift Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy News, May 20, 2014
- Furnishers’ Obligation to Have Policy & Procedures Relating to Credit Reporting, Foster Swift Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy News, May 20, 2014
- Michigan Supreme Court Rules that an Action on an Account Stated or Open Account is Subject to Six-Year Statute of Limitations, Foster Swift Banking, Finance & Real Estate E-News, August 30, 2013
- Bankruptcy 101, NALS of Lansing, June 10, 2015
- Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy Practice, Federal Bar Association, April 30, 2015
- WEBINAR | The Borrower in Bankruptcy: Top 10 Mistakes Banks & Lenders Make in Consumer Bankruptcy Cases, Foster Swift, April 28, 2015