Foster Swift's regulatory practice encompasses advising and representing banks, bank holding companies and financial holding companies of all sizes in federal and state regulatory matters. We also represent their financial service affiliates and joint venture partners. We deal with both state and federal regulators including the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Reserve Board and its Federal Reserve Banks, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Securities Exchange Commission, the National Credit Union Administration, and the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services.
The regulatory and compliance attorneys of Foster Swift have substantial experience in guiding their clients in the various areas of regulations and applications. We assist in steering the proper path of compliance and best practices. We say abreast of the ever-developing regulations which affect community-based and regional financial institutions.
We assist our clients in their applications for de novo banks, mergers & acquisitions, formation and expansion, branch expansions, stock redemptions, nonbank activities, change in control, bank service companies, changes in boards and management, and other applications requiring approval by or notice to a regulator.
Recent Blog Posts
Publications & Alerts
- Credit Reporting Agencies Unite to Transform Reporting and Resolution Practices, Foster Swift Finance, Real Estate and Bankruptcy News, June 18, 2015
- Discussed with Examiners: Common Issues in Examinations, Foster Swift Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy News, August 26, 2014
- Temporary Unlimited Coverage for Noninterest-Bearing Transaction Accounts Expires On December 31, 2012, Foster Swift Banking, Finance & Real Estate E-News, December 3, 2012
- The CFPB - Early Impressions, Foster Swift Banking, Finance & Real Estate E-News, December 3, 2012
- Restaurant, Hotel and Other Hospitality Issues, Federal Bar Association's Bankruptcy Seminar, September 24, 2021