Foster Swift's experienced real estate development attorneys can help clients take their proposed developments from land acquisition to end financing, or assist with any stage of the development process in between. Our team approach puts the best attorney for the job at hand available to the clients for each phase of their development project.
Our lawyers can assist clients with development, acquisition and assemblage of parcels, zoning and land use, land division, title clearing, engineering and architectural contracts, construction and utility contracts, the environmental issues including flood plain, wetland and brown field concerns, easements and restrictions. Our experience representing townships in development matters in litigation allows us to provide developers with knowledgeable advice needed to get projects approved. We have been lenders counsel and borrowers counsel in many land development loans, so we know how to bring both sides to common ground for a successful transaction. Mezzanine financing, bankruptcy remote entities, construction lending and assistance with end financing transactions are all within the capabilities of our experienced attorneys.
Trust Foster Swift to provide good sound advice and representation for all of your development needs.
Publications & Alerts
- Beyond the Basics: How to Minimize Risk from Tenants when Mortgaging Leased Commercial Property, May 2019 Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News, May 21, 2019
- Farming Land Leases: Get it in Writing, January 2019 Agricultural Law News, January 17, 2019
- Beyond the Basics - Commercial Leases From a Tenant’s Perspective, November 2018 Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News, November 9, 2018
- Under the Construction Lien Act, Claims of Lien Must be Filed on Individual Units to Which Labor and Materials are Provided, Foster Swift Commercial Litigation News, Fall 2011
- Court of Appeals Interprets “Common Area” Under Michigan’s Condominium Act, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, March 2010