Foster Swift's experienced real estate development attorneys can help clients take their proposed developments from land acquisition to end financing, or assist with any stage of the development process in between. Our team approach puts the best attorney for the job at hand available to the clients for each phase of their development project.
Our lawyers can assist clients with development, acquisition and assemblage of parcels, zoning and land use, land division, title clearing, engineering and architectural contracts, construction and utility contracts, the environmental issues including flood plain, wetland and brown field concerns, easements and restrictions. Our experience representing townships in development matters in litigation allows us to provide developers with knowledgeable advice needed to get projects approved. We have been lenders counsel and borrowers counsel in many land development loans, so we know how to bring both sides to common ground for a successful transaction. Mezzanine financing, bankruptcy remote entities, construction lending and assistance with end financing transactions are all within the capabilities of our experienced attorneys.
Trust Foster Swift to provide good sound advice and representation for all of your development needs.
Recent Blog Posts
Publications & Alerts
- Frequently Asked Questions in Commercial Real Estate Law, Foster Swift Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News, February 24, 2020
- What Buyers Need to Know About Purchasing Property in a Judicial Foreclosure in Michigan, Foster Swift Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News, November 13, 2019
- Michigan Supreme Court Rules that Building Inspection Fees Must Reasonably Relate to the Costs of Services Provided by a Municipality’s Building Department, Inside 208 Blog, Michigan Municipal League, August 6, 2019
- Beyond the Basics: How to Minimize Risk from Tenants when Mortgaging Leased Commercial Property, Foster Swift Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News, May 21, 2019
- Farming Land Leases: Get it in Writing, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, January 17, 2019
- Beyond the Basics - Commercial Leases From a Tenant’s Perspective, Foster Swift Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News, November 9, 2018