Foster Swift has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, and other business combinations, reorganizations and divestitures. In these transactions, the firm draws upon its pool of corporate, tax, pension, employment and environmental lawyers in a variety of areas, such as regulated industries (insurance, banking, healthcare and telecommunications), agriculture and food processing to effectively negotiate and close deals for our clients.
We represent buyers, sellers, financial advisors, shareholder groups, equity investors, and subordinated and senior lenders in both domestic and cross-border transactions. We also provide advice to clients on fiduciary duties of directors in connection with mergers, spin-offs and other extraordinary transactions, composition and operation of boards of directors and their committees, executive and director compensation, and corporate governance matters.
Foster Swift attorneys are significantly involved in transactions across a wide range of industries, including:
- agriculture and food process,
- defense sectors,
- technology, and
Publications & Alerts
- Choosing Your Merger Partner, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law Report, January 2013
- Software Licenses Do Not Automatically Transfer in a Merger or Acquisition, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law Update, Spring 2010
- The Past and Future of Equity Crowdfunding, Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC) Conference, October 19, 2018
- Nows Speaks on Equity Crowdfunding at GCEC Conference, October 10, 2018
- 44 Foster Swift Attorneys Named to 2016 Best Lawyers in America® Roster, August 21, 2015
- Entrepreneur Institute of Mid-Michigan names Attorney Joel C. Farrar "Volunteer of the Year", June 11, 2015
- Foster Swift Attorney Randall Harbour named to position in the American Bar Association, August 20, 2013