Amanda is a member of the firm’s Business and Tax Practice Group and practices in the Lansing office where she has experience in federal taxation, employee benefits, intellectual property and executive compensation.
Amanda attended the Michigan State University College of Law for her legal education, where she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the International Law Review and the Communications Director for the Student Bar Association.
During her time in law school, Amanda served as a judicial extern for Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals under the Honorable David McKeague. She also served as a student clinician for one year after becoming a certified civil mediator. Amanda graduated from Michigan State University with honors.
Amanda received her undergraduate degree in Business Administration and master’s degree in Business Administration from East Tennessee State University. While obtaining her master’s, Amanda took a leading role as one of East Tennessee State University’s MBA Leadership Association’s founding members.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
Recent Blog Posts
BizTech Law Blog
- Cyber Insurance: Is it right for you?
- Three Steps to Forming an LLC
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act: Are You Compliant?
- Michigan Marijuana Retailers: Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Risks
- SEC-Regulated Companies Should Address Cybersecurity to Avoid Enforcement Risks
- Are Boards of Directors Responsible for Cybersecurity?
- Ohio Enacts Unique Safe Harbor to Reduce Data Breach Litigation Risks
Tax Law Blog
- Responding to a Michigan Department of Treasury Notice Regarding a Tax Liability or Refund Adjustment
- Tax Consequences of Divorce: Major Changes Effective in 2019
Your Family Law Advocate Blog
- IRS Regulations Finalize Rules Relating to Hardship Distributions, Employee Benefits Law Update E-blast, December 3, 2019
- New Health Reimbursement Account Options Available for Employers Beginning January 1, 2020, Employee Benefits Law Update E-blast, December 2, 2019
- IRS Announces 2020 Cost-of-Living Adjustments For Retirement Plans and for Health and Welfare Benefit Plans, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, November 22, 2019
News & Events
- Tax Implications of Divorce After Tax Reform: Alimony, Property Divisions, Divorce Modifications, Child Credits, Strafford, August 22, 2019
- Foster Swift Welcomes Five New Attorneys, November 16, 2018
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2018
East Tennessee State University, M.B.A., Business Administration, 2015
East Tennessee State University, B.S., Business Administration in Management, 2013
Bar and Court Admissions