Nicholas J. Stock is a member of Foster Swift's Business & Tax practice group in Grand Rapids, focusing his practice in international and US federal corporate tax law, SALT (State and Local Tax) and other tax disputes, corporate law, and mergers & acquisitions. Prior to joining the firm, Nick was a Tax Analyst at Amazon and DTE Energy.
His experience as a tax analyst has allowed him to hone his practice in tax law to include the following areas:
- Advises businesses on appropriate choice of entity in preparation of new entity request forms (NERFs).
- High value taxable and tax-free mergers & acquisitions and restructuring.
- Conducts legal research and tax analysis related to public utility clients, including state and federal requirements for biomass coal plants, compressed gas pipelines, and nuclear power plants.
- Tax Controversy
International Tax Planning
- Presents concrete, country-specific tax and regulatory guidance to stakeholders, including corporate income, withholding, VAT, SALT, e-invoicing, transfer pricing, and licensing requirements.
- Analyzes cross-border withholding regimes applicable to nonresident service providers.
Nick received his B.A. summa cum laude from Wayne State University and his Juris Doctor cum laude from Wayne State University Law School. In 2021, Nick earned his Masters of Law in Taxation degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, with a CALI Book Award in Transfer Pricing.
News & Events
- Grand Rapids Law Firm Welcomes Two Associates, Grand Rapids Legal News, November 14, 2022
University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2021
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2020, Cum Laude
Wayne State University, B.A., 2016, Summa Cum Laude
Bar and Court Admissions