The finance attorneys at Foster Swift have substantial experience in representing credit unions in a wide variety of matters and topics:
- Complex loan transactions, including commercial real estate, asset-based lending and consumer loans
- Lender liability, environmental and other complex litigation
- Retail operations, best practices and issues
- Loan workouts, bankruptcy, collection and foreclosure matters
- All bankruptcy matters, including asset recovery, defense of lien strip action, relief from stay, property claim, reaffirmation and advisory proceedings.
- Governance and best practices
- Regulatory compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Creditor rights, collections, real estate and foreclosures
- Defense of several different credit clients in credit reporting disputes
- Defense of numerous credit unions in member disputes including real estate litigation, use of account and fraud issues.
- Appointed as counsel to defend credit unions by insurer in federal and state forums
- Assisted with ACH issues and agreements
AFFORDABILITY AND CONNECTIONS
Clients appreciate the value and results-oriented attitude we offer. By working closely with clients, we are able to customize fee arrangements that help meet their budget parameters. This allows us to provide the highest level of legal service at the lowest reasonable cost.
Our clients also rely on the professional working relationships our attorneys have developed with many key government and executive branch decision-makers, including state and federal financial institution regulators.
In short, Foster Swift provides comprehensive legal services to clients in banking and finance. Both institutional and individual clients benefit from the firm’s deep experience, knowledge of the law and reputation for outstanding attention to service.
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Banking and Finance Law in Lansing by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014.