The Foster Swift International Law Group represents both US and foreign companies. Foster Swift attorneys have assisted our foreign and U.S. clients with joint ventures, acquisitions, export control and import issues, manufacturing agreements, sales and supply agreements, distributor relationships, organizing foreign subsidiaries, establishing a presence in the U.S., manufacturing and licensing agreements, and registration of U.S. and foreign trademarks, names, logos, copyrights and patents.
Foster Swift attorneys also handle immigration matters, international estate planning, and real estate acquisition for our foreign and domestic clients. Our attorneys are committed to helping companies pursue exporting opportunities. Foster Swift has a "Legal Essentials to Export Toolkit" program that is offered through the Michigan Economic Department Corporation (MEDC) Michigan State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) program. This program offers information about international intellectual property protection, Foreign Business contracts and export control compliance.
Foster Swift is an active sponsor of the Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan's International Business Luncheon Lecture series and workshops. Presentations from past programs are listed below. Presentation materials can be easily accessed by clicking on the title. Additionally, Foster Swift is a regular supporter of other educational programming offered by the District Export Council of East and West Michigan, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators.
When one of our clients has a problem or opportunity outside of Michigan——in the United States or internationally——our firm needs a deep bench to which it can turn. Foster Swift’s membership in Lexwork International provides this breadth and depth. Lexwork International is an association of midsized independent law firms in major cities located throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Publications & Alerts
- Golden Rules for Selecting Foreign Distributors and Agents, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, June 30, 2020
- Congratulations! You're our “Plan B” – Alternate Supplier Checklist, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, June 29, 2020
- International Trade and COVID-19, March 16, 2020
- The "America" Brand: A "Decliner" and "Country to Watch" on the Corruption Index and What that Means for Your Business, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, August 13, 2019
- 400,000 Reasons to Remain Vigilant About ITAR Compliance, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, March 11, 2019
- Impact of Tariffs on your Business , Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News E-Blast, July 17, 2018
- How to Mitigate International Contract Problems During and After the Global Crisis, U.S. Commercial Service-Michigan & the State Bar of Michigan (SBM), International Law Section, June 12, 2020
- Surviving Trade Wars, Michigan State University Eli Broad College of Business; Supply Chain Management, October 29, 2019
- Foreign Business Partner Due Diligence and Contracts, Exportech, October 11, 2019 (Saginaw, MI) and October 14, 2019 (Marquette, MI)
- International Intellectual Property Protection Strategies, Exportech, October 11, 2019 (Saginaw, MI) and October 14, 2019 (Marquette, MI)
- US Embargoes, Sanctions and Export Controls, Exportech, October 11, 2019 (Saginaw, MI) and October 14, 2019 (Marquette, MI)
- Making the Most of International Trade Shows & Missions, Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan, January 29, 2019
- Creating That Perfect Pitch, Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan, January 25, 2019
- Schtokal quoted in MiMfg Magazine, MiMfg Magazine (Michigan Manufacturers Association), August 31, 2020
- Foster Swift Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America©, August 20, 2020
- Upcoming Seminars for Businesses New to Exporting, Michigan Business Network, March 14, 2019
- Training Programs: Growing your Business Globally, February 4, 2019
- Ryan Lamb to Speak at Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan, November 19, 2015
- 44 Foster Swift Attorneys Named to 2016 Best Lawyers in America® Roster, August 21, 2015
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) & Export Control Training in Northern Michigan, March 18, 2015
These videos are were created through a partnership with Foster Swift and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC).