The Foster Swift International Law Group represents both US and foreign companies. Foster Swift attorneys have assisted our foreign and U.S. clients with joint ventures, acquisitions, export control and import issues, manufacturing agreements, sales and supply agreements, distributor relationships, organizing foreign subsidiaries, establishing a presence in the U.S., manufacturing and licensing agreements, and registration of U.S. and foreign trademarks, names, logos, copyrights and patents.
Foster Swift attorneys also handle immigration matters, international estate planning, and real estate acquisition for our foreign and domestic clients. Our attorneys are committed to helping companies pursue exporting opportunities. Foster Swift has a "Legal Essentials to Export Toolkit" program that is offered through the Michigan Economic Department Corporation (MEDC) Michigan State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) program. This program offers information about international intellectual property protection, Foreign Business contracts and export control compliance.
Foster Swift is an active sponsor of the Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan's International Business Luncheon Lecture series and workshops. Presentations from past programs are listed below. Presentation materials can be easily accessed by clicking on the title. Additionally, Foster Swift is a regular supporter of other educational programming offered by the District Export Council of East and West Michigan, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators.
When one of our clients has a problem or opportunity outside of Michigan——in the United States or internationally——our firm needs a deep bench to which it can turn. Foster Swift’s membership in Lexwork International provides this breadth and depth. Lexwork International is an association of midsized independent law firms in major cities located throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Publications & Alerts
- Impact of Tariffs on your Business , July 2018 Business & Corporate Law News E-Blast, July 17, 2018
- 16 Enforcement Actions in 2017 Totaling $119,517,845 in Penalties and Settlements-Why You Should Know About OFAC, April 2018 Agricultural Law News, April 11, 2018
- Overseas Business Management: Local Vs Expat – Is this the right question?, March 2018 Business & Corporate Law News, March 12, 2018
- Exiting your Overseas Business: Reducing time, money and ambiguity on the way out., January 2018 Business & Corporate News, January 15, 2018
- Building an Overseas Distribution Network: Like gravity, it is pretty much the same all over the world., October 2017 Business & Corporate Newsletter, October 9, 2017
- Online Sales, Export Opportunities and Due Diligence…Oh My, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law News, June 12, 2017
- Ryan Lamb to Speak at Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan, November 19, 2015
- 44 Foster Swift Attorneys Named to 2016 Best Lawyers in America® Roster, August 21, 2015
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) & Export Control Training in Northern Michigan, March 18, 2015
- Foster Swift supports Global Trade Days Michigan Roadshow Oct. 13-17, October 2, 2014
- Jean Schtokal Elected Chair of Michigan District Export Council West, April 15, 2014
- Foster Swift Attorney Jean Schtokal selected as one of Michigan Lawyers Weekly 2013 "Women in the Law", August 8, 2013
- Attorney Schtokal Named Executive in Residence by MSU International Business Center, Eli Broad College of Business, January 18, 2013
- Export Control Compliance Training Coming to Lansing May 17, April 26, 2018
- Free Seminars for Businesses New to Exporting, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), March 8, 2018
- Legal Essentials to Export Toolkit: Intellectual Property & Foreign Business Partner Contract Seminar, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), September 12, 2017
- Legal Essentials for Export Toolkit, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), September 22, 2016
- Legal Essentials for Export Toolkit, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), June 22, 2016
- Legal Essentials for Export Toolkit, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), April 27, 2016
- Legal Essentials for Export Toolkit, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), March 16, 2016