WEBINAR | Public Sector Employment Law - The Basics
Foster Swift Webinar Series for New Municipal OfficialsApril 18, 2013
This webinar focused on the basic employment issues facing public sector employers. Topics included:
- The at-will doctrine and how it applies to the employer-employee relationship.
- Anti-discrimination laws that apply to municipalities.
- How to conduct an investigation into claims of workplace harassment or other claims of a hostile environment.
- Best practices for managing and disciplining employees to avoid legal challenges.
- How to properly utilize the services of independent contractors.
- Wage and hour requirements placed.
Foster Swift Webinar Series for New Municipal Officials
- Nuts & Bolts of the Michigan Open Meetings Act - December 13, 2012
- Municipal Ethics – Avoiding Common Mistakes - January 15, 2013
- Zoning and Land Use: What You Need to Know - February 12, 2013
- Avoid Common Freedom of Information Act Mistakes - March 14, 2013
- Public Sector Employment Law - The Basics - April 18, 2013
- Ten Things to Know Before Your Municipality Borrows Money - May 9, 2013