WEBINAR | Nuts & Bolts of the Michigan Open Meetings Act
Foster Swift Webinar Series for New Municipal OfficialsDecember 13, 2012
Public bodies must comply with the requirements of the Michigan Open Meetings Act. This session discussed the requirements of the OMA. It also addressed common Open Meetings Act mistakes and how to avoid them. Areas of discussion included:
- Notice Requirements.
- Implications of e-mail and electronic communication.
- Application of the OMA to committees.
- Closed session topics.
- Procedure for closed session.
Foster Swift Webinar Series for New Municipal Officials
- Zoning and Land Use: What You Need to Know - February 12, 2013
- Avoid Common Freedom of Information Act Mistakes - March 14, 2013
- Public Sector Employment Law - The Basics - April 18, 2013
- Ten Things to Know Before Your Municipality Borrows Money - May 9, 2013