Foster Swift represents clients in mass tort and product liability individual lawsuits, class actions, and multidistrict litigation. Our attorneys have significant experience managing complex mass tort litigation and using innovative strategies to mitigate risks and deliver effective and cost-efficient results for our clients.
We act as both direct and local counsel in mass tort matters—primarily as defense counsel—in connection with a wide range of cases involving issues such as toxic tort exposure, defective products, industrial accidents, and a variety of environmental litigation.
For over 25 years the firm has successfully defended manufacturers of industrial products alleged to contain asbestos in thousands of cases in courts across the state of Michigan. Products defended include pumps, wire and cable, brakes, cranes, and vent systems claimed to exist in a wide range of industrial workplaces including paper mills, steel mills and foundries, automotive factories, utility power plants, Great Lakes Merchant Marine vessels and US Navy ships.
Attorneys in our Mass Tort group strive to comprehensively analyze the issues involved in each mass tort case and work closely with our clients to identify options, solutions and objectives while developing sound strategies for achieving them. We assemble teams of lawyers and support staff with the skill sets and experience necessary to give our clients the best opportunities for successful outcomes. We leverage technology and identify the right experts to present the most powerful and persuasive argument in court.
- Transforming Law Firms: DE&I Intent Into Real Progress, Michigan Diversity Council Legal Diversity Summit, October 18, 2022
- Foster Swift Listed in "Best Law Firms" 2023, Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms", November 3, 2022
- Millenbach Named to 2022 Class of “Leaders in the Law”, October 27, 2022
- Foster Swift Attorneys Named 2023 Best Lawyers in America©, Best Lawyers in America, August 18, 2022
- Two Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2023 "Lawyer of the Year", Best Lawyers in America, August 18, 2022
- Millenbach Appointed Detroit Bar President, June 16, 2022
- Foster Swift Elects Four Shareholders, January 10, 2022
- Forbush “Comes Home” to Foster Swift, Ingham County Legal News, December 15, 2021