We have a reputation for producing optimal results for our clients with the highest level of integrity and civility.
Family law matters often cross multiple legal disciplines. The Foster Swift family law practice is a cross-disciplinary group of attorneys who work closely with our Business, Estate Planning, Bankruptcy, Tax attorneys and litigators to make sure all legal aspects are considered in the resolution of your matter.
Clients can be assured of the highest level of professionalism, legal strategy and advocacy. As such, we work to open an honest yet compassionate dialogue about the complexities of a case. We will explain the law, recommend different strategies, and give you a realistic idea of what you can expect.
Matters that clients frequently seek our counsel on are:
- Divorce and legal separation
- Family law mediation services
- Post-divorce issues, including judgment enforcement, modification of spousal support, parenting time and child support
- Custody, including legal custody issues such as change of school and medical care
- Change of domicile
- Child support
- Paternity, including establishing paternity, revocation of paternity and establishing custody and parenting time when an Acknowledgement of Parentage has been executed
- Prenuptial agreements
- Family trust agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Abuse, including child, spousal and senior citizen
- Personal Protection Orders
- Parent-Child Law, including termination of parental rights and establishing grandparent visitation
- Guardianship, including special needs children
- Legal name change of a minor
- Emancipation of minors
- Appeals of family law cases
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Family Law in Lansing by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014.
Recent Blog Posts
- Communication is Key in Co-Parenting Coordination
- Thoughtful Holiday Parenting Time Scheduling is Key to Happy Holidays for Your Kids
- How to Protect Your Business When the Marriage Fails
- How to Put Your Children First in Co-Parenting
- When is Divorce During the Holidays a Good Idea?
- Get to Know Your Family Law Advocate: Jackie Dupler
- Can't Agree on Sending Children Back to School?—Seek Legal Counsel
- What do I do now that I have to follow COVID-19 related orders?
- Do I have to follow this Parenting Time Order?
- Should I Hire a Private Investigator for My Divorce Case?
Publications & Alerts
- Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Planning, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, December 10, 2013
- Child Abuse/Neglect: What To Do When Served with a Subpoena, Foster Swift Health Care Law Report, February 2010
- Protecting Your Business and Assets when the Marriage Fails, Foster Swift Legal Strategies for Women Leaders, August 9, 2022
- Putting Children First in Co-Parenting, Foster Swift 2nd Wednesday Morning Break, March 9, 2022
- Divorce Mediation, ICLE Family Law Institute, November 2016
- Former Illinois Assistant Attorney Joins Foster Swift's Family Law Practice, Detroit Legal News, November 14, 2023
- Foster Swift Best Lawyers® 2024 "Ones to Watch", Best Lawyers in America, August 17, 2023
- Dupler Honored as an "Influential Woman of Law", Michigan Lawyers Weekly, July 31, 2023
- Foster Swift Elects Three New Shareholders, Ingham County Legal News, January 30, 2023
- Senior Attorney Litigator Joins Foster Swift in Southfield, Detroit Legal News, January 18, 2023
- Grand Rapids Family Law Attorney Joins Foster Swift, Grand Rapids Legal News, November 7, 2022
- The Faces of Strategic Business Law, dBusiness, November 1, 2022