Leslie Dickinson is a member of Foster Swift's Municipal and General Litigation Practice Groups and a graduate of Notre Dame Law School. She focuses her practice on municipal prosecution and commercial litigation. She also advises the firm's public entity clients including cities, townships, counties, libraries and local health departments on compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
Before attending law school, Leslie received a dual undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Michigan in 2011 in political science and communication studies. She also served as Executive Producer and News Anchor for the university's student-run television station.
At Notre Dame, she was a Senior Articles Editor and member of the Submissions Committee for the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy. Her student note on federal money laundering was selected for publication in the Journal. She was a research assistant in the litigation skills department and received the Dean's Award in Notre Dame's Intensive Trial Advocacy course. She was also selected to participate in Notre Dame's Advanced Criminal Justice Externship where she represented criminal defendants charged with lower-level felonies.
Memberships & Affiliations
Grand Rapids Ballet Company
- Member of the Board of Directors
- Nuts and Bolts of the New Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, April 14, 2017
- U.S. Supreme Court Vacates Lower Court Decision Which Ruled Against High School’s Bathroom Policy for Transgender Students, Foster Swift School Law News, March 6, 2017
- Municipalities now Prohibited from Banning Plastic Bags, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, January 3, 2017
- Governor Snyder Signs Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, September 28, 2016
- Election Law Updates and How They May Affect Your Local Government, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, January 26, 2016
- Receivers in Divorce Cases, Michigan Bar Journal, July 2015
News & Events
- Foster Swift Welcomes Five New Associates, December 1, 2014
University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2014
University of Michigan, B.A., 2011, with distinction, Political Science and Communication Studies
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals