LANSING, Mich. — Despite the U.S. Supreme Court blocking the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) "vaccine-or-test" mandate last month, questions still abound concerning what Labor and Employment issues employers need to focus on in 2022.
To update busy HR professionals and business decision-makers, Foster Swift Collins & Smith invites you to attend the Spring 2022 Labor & Employment Law Update on Thursday, March 10.
Among the discussions included in the agenda are:
- COVID-19 Updates and Vaccination Mandates:
- OSHA ETS
- CMS Rule
- Voluntary Mandates
- Non-compete and No-poaching Agreements; Are they Legal or Enforceable?
- How does the Corporate Transparency Act of 2021 affect Employers?
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Update:
- New minimum wage, overtime and tip credit laws effective 01/01/2022;
- Gig Economy: Are your employees classified and paid properly?
- Employee Handbook Essentials and Necessary Updates.
- When: Thursday, March 10, 2022 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Where: 313 S. Washington Square, Lansing, MI 48933
- This session will be in the Hub space (lower level). With the rise in COVID cases, many are still unsure or uncomfortable about gathering in groups so to accommodate all preferences, this will be a hybrid event with attendees being able to attend both in-person and virtually with the sessions being broadcast over Zoom simultaneously.
- Parking is located behind the building on S. Grand Avenue (Do not park in Wolverine Parking Co. lot next door). See the receptionist in the lobby for a gate token to leave the parking lot when finished.
- Cost: Free
- Registration: For those that wish to attend in person, please RSVP by contacting Jake Leuvoy at email@example.com or (517) 371-8125 no later than Monday, March 7.
For individuals attending “live”, registration in the Hub will begin at 8:30 am with refreshments provided. The formal program will end at 12:00 pm. However, for those that have further questions and would like to join our presenters for a light lunch and Q & A, we will provide lunches for those that RSVP.