How Recent Ruling Will Impact Your Business Initiatives
In a case that will impact DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) initiatives throughout the American workplace, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit recently blocked a venture capital fund’s effort to award $20,000 grants to Black female entrepreneurs.
How will this impact your business initiatives going forward?
Join Foster Swift for our November session as we explore the chilling effect that the "Fearless Fund" ruling is certain to have on DEI efforts in the business world.
- When: November 8, 2023 from 12:00-12:30 pm
- Registration: https://bit.ly/2ndWeds2023
This session will feature employment law attorney Cliff Hammond and litigator Ray Littleton as they discuss the long-term ramifications of this ruling along with why having legal counsel review your DEI initiatives is critical including:
- Ensuring your company's DEI programs are not using race or gender as sole factors in hiring, promotion of other employment decisions.
- Ensuring your DEI-related communications avoid statements that could be characterized as unlawful.
- Creating and putting an evaluation system in place for objective reviewing and updating of your DEI initiatives.
If you would like to read more about this ruling and its impact on Corporate DEI, read this recent article from Cliff and Ray: Legal Review of Corporate DEI Critical as Activists Quickly Pursue Litigation.