LANSING, Mich. - Seven attorneys from Foster, Swift, Collins and Smith, PC have been named "Lawyer of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC) for areas of expertise in the Lansing regions. The "Lawyers of the Year" include:
- Charles Barbieri for Environmental Litigation
- Allan Claypool for Trusts and Estates Law
- Stephen Jurmu for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Gary McRay for Health Care Law
- Douglas Mielock for Trust and Estate Litigation
- Frank Reynolds for Family Law
- Webb Smith for Oil and Gas Law.
After more than a quarter of a century in publication, Best Lawyers is designating “Lawyers of the Year” in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities. Only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is being honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 19th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2013) is based on more than 3.9 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.