Engaging an attorney to help protect and preserve wealth during your lifetime and provide for the appropriate distribution of assets after your death is an important and personal decision. Each person has different financial, family and philanthropic goals that need to be considered in the process.
The Trust and Estate attorneys at Foster Swift have the skill, knowledge and experience necessary to develop and implement an estate plan to achieve your objectives. Foster Swift's reputation for excellence in the area of Trusts and Estates has attracted clients to the firm for multiple generations.
Foster Swift’s trust and estate attorneys have been recognized as exemplary. One member of our trust and estates group has been honored as one of the top 100 attorneys in Michigan. Two members of our trusts and estates group have been honored as Best Lawyers for the past 20 years or more and three have been elected to the prestigious American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. Foster Swift has also been named a Tier 1 firm in Trust and Estates in Lansing by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The size and focus of the Trusts and Estates group provides clients access to practical, results-oriented counsel for virtually every kind of estate planning, trust and administration needed.
The range of services offered by Foster Swift's Trusts and Estates practice includes:
- Business Succession Planning
- Family Business Planning
- Charitable Planned Giving
- Estate Planning
- Gift Tax Planning
- Marital Agreements
- Medicaid & Elder Law Planning
- Trust & Estate Administration
- Trust & Estate Litigation
Families, family businesses, corporate and individual fiduciaries, trusts and individuals throughout Michigan rely on the members of the firm’s Trusts and Estates Group, many for several generations.
Why? Because clients value the one-on-one time and personal attention our attorneys invest in getting to know their needs and vision.
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Trusts & Estates Law in Lansing by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Publications & Alerts
- 642(c) Pooled Income Funds: Unique Advantages to new Charitable Compensation Plans-Part One, November 2018 Business & Tax Law News, October 9, 2018
- Michigan Authorizes New Asset Protection Trusts, Foster Swift Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy News, February 7, 2017
- What Else Can We Do For You?, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, June 30, 2015
- How to Make Your Eventual Executor Less Stressed Out, go60.us, April 3, 2015
- Separate Trusts? It's Both Complicated and Crucial - Be Sure You Understand What You Need, go60.us, February 10, 2015
- Intra-family Loans and IRS Interest Rate Rules, go60.us Legal Ease Column, January 2015
- Trusts 101: Estate Planning for the Disabled, November 14, 2018
- Foster Swift Attorneys Present Trusts Seminars, National Business Institute (NBI), November 14 and 15, 2018
- Trusts 101: Grantor Trusts and Ethics, National Business Institute (NBI), November 14, 2018
- ADMINISTERING THE ESTATE EFFECTIVELY and MAINTAINING AN ETHICAL BALANCE IN PROBATE PRACTICE, Probate Process from Start to Finish (NBI), October 16, 2018
- Probate Process from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, May 4, 2018
- Estate Planning Seminar, Michigan Farm Bureau, April 29, 2015
- Estate Planning Seminar, Michigan Farm Bureau, January 27, 2015 & February 4, 2015
- Foster Swift Announces Women in Leadership, Michigan Business Network, June 5, 2019
- Collins, DeLuca Named to ICBA's Top 5 under 35 Attorneys, Lansing Regional Chamber, March 22, 2019
- Foster Swift Welcomes Five New Attorneys, November 16, 2018
- Foster Swift Rated Tier 1 in 27 Practice Areas in Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms", November 1, 2018
- E-book Covers Estate Planning Essentials, October 31, 2018
- 31 Foster Swift Attorneys Selected to 2018 Michigan Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” Lists, September 10, 2018
- 45 Foster Swift Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America© 2019, August 15, 2018