Paul is a litigator and is a co-leader of Foster Swift's General Litigation Practice Group. Core components of Paul's practice include a highly specialized transportation and logistics law practice. He also assists clients with commercial litigation and mass tort defense of asbestos disease cases statewide, including Wayne County. Additionally, Paul is a visiting lecturer on Constitutional and Transportation Law at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and most recently, he was appointed by Governor Jennifer Granholm to the Michigan Truck Safety Commission.
Admitted to practice law in Michigan, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the U.S. Supreme Court, Paul is an active member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Michigan, the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, and the Transportation Lawyers Association. He is also a Fellow of the Michigan State Bar Foundation.
Committed to keeping clients abreast of changes in the law, Paul frequently provides updates via e-blast or traditional seminars to a variety of groups including transportation industry leaders, corporate executives and insurance claims adjusters.
A Grosse Pointe native, Paul is currently on the Board of Directors of the Northern Michigan University Alumni Association.
Honors & Recognitions
AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Administrative Law Section
- Transportation Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Visiting Lecturer
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
Industry & Professional Associations:
- Michigan Truck Safety Commission, Appointed Commissioner
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Successfully challenged the State of Michigan on behalf of a large group of motor carriers who were required to pay excess registration/plate fees. Defended these motor carriers in courts throughout the state. Won the case against the state, which was affirmed by the Court of Appeals in 2009.
- Successfully assisted in getting legislation passed which amended the Michigan Motor Carrier Act to the benefit of Michigan household goods carriers.
- Michigan Trailer Plate Update, Foster Swift Transpost, June 2009
- Overweight Trucks, Foster Swift Construction Law News, June 2009
- MPSC Issues Two Opinions Affecting Its Authority to Regulate Carriers, Foster Swift Transpost, February 2007
- New Overweight Law Takes Effect, Foster Swift Transpost, April 2006
News & Events
- Governor Granholm appoints Paul J. Millenbach to Michigan Truck Safety Commission, July 8, 2010
- Foster Swift Elects Paul J. Millenbach to Firm's Executive Committee, February 12, 2010
- Paul Millenbach Appointed to Northern Michigan University Alumni Association's Board of Directors, June 23, 2009
- Foster Swift Announces 2009 Executive Committee & Practice Group Leader Appointments, February 12, 2009
- 2008 Executive Committee & Practice Group Leader Appointments Announced, February 19, 2008
- Tariff Issues, Michigan Movers Association, April 1, 2010
- Understanding the Tariff, Michigan Movers Association, March 2010
- Transportation and Logistics: Ensuring Your Products Reach Your Customer and Greening the Supply Chain, Trade North America - U.S. Department of Commerce - Commercial Service, September 2009
- Public Act 33, Michigan Movers Association, September 2007
Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 1989
Northern Michigan University, B.S., 1984
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. Supreme Court