2019 Comprehensive Guide to Employment Law
Foster Swift attorneys Clifford L. Hammond and Tyler J. Olney will speak at the 2019 Comprehensive Guide to Employment Law on November 13 at the Hampton Inn & Suites West in Lansing. Presented by the National Business Institute (NBI), this seminar is meant to educate HR personnel, accountants and board officers on the ever-changing landscape of labor & employment law.
Hammond will present “Dealing with the Troubled/Troubling Employee” which will delve into:
- Evaluating Employee Performance
- Employee Discipline Plan and Proper Documentation
- Legal vs. Illegal Reasons for Termination
- Retaliation Claims and Employee Discipline
Olney will present “FMLA, ADA and Workers' Compensation: Managing Leave of Absence Issues” which will cover family and medical leave laws, disability laws and workers’ compensation programs including:
- Qualifying Reasons for Leave
- Appropriately Handling Accommodation Requests
- Covered Employers and Eligible Employees
- Temporary vs. Permanent Total Disability Benefits
Visit www.nbi-sems.com for more information.