With over a century of combined experience defending workers' compensation claims, we aggressively represent employers, insurance carriers, group funds, and third-party administrators in all phases of the litigation process throughout the State of Michigan. Our clients include Michigan businesses, employers with employees traveling through or injured in Michigan, and Michigan based employers conducting business throughout the world. When collateral issues arise, our clients benefit greatly from the instant access they have to other Foster Swift lawyers, in each of our six offices, who are experts in virtually every other legal discipline.
Our first priority is to provide a thorough and honest appraisal of your case. We work as a team, both internally and with you, to expeditiously and zealously advance your defense. Throughout the process, we will keep you continuously advised of all developments, while aggressively pursuing the most cost effective and favorable outcome possible.
Our reputation is based upon decades of cost effective and aggressive defense throughout the state. We represent employers, third-party administrators and insurance carriers before the Michigan Workers' Compensation Agency and court system on thousands of matters and have a history of great success from the trial stage through the appellate process.
Michigan has recently undergone significant change in the workers' compensation arena. We employ an aggressive internal training program to maintain our high level of expertise. The Foster Swift Workers' Compensation Practice Group is proud to have as part of its team, two adjunct law school professors and a former plaintiff's counsel.
Members of our group are listed in Best Lawyers in America and attorneys in our group have earned the highest ratings from Martindale Hubbell. We are always pleased to have the opportunity to provide educational seminars for our clients to keep them abreast of the evolving legislative changes and developing case law, and to suggest strategic options for claims handling.
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Workers' Compensation Law - Employers in Lansing by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Recent Blog Posts
Publications & Alerts
- Understanding the Ins and Outs of the “Favored-Work” Doctrine Under Michigan Workers’ Compensation Law, February 2018 Employment Labor & Benefits News, January 25, 2018
- Limiting Opioid use in Workers' Compensation Cases, Foster Swift Employment, Labor & Benefits News, November 17, 2016
- Workers' Compensation Facilitation - The New Trial?, Foster Swift Employment, Labor & Benefits News, November 17, 2016
- Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits Still an Employee’s Exclusive Remedy?, Foster Swift Workers' Compensation Update, October 2012
- Exclusive Remedies Might Not Be So Exclusive, Foster Swift Health Care Law E-News, May 31, 2012
- Legislature Overhauls Workers' Compensation Act, Foster Swift Workers' Compensation Update, April 2012
- Foster Swift Elects Executive Committee Members for 2018, February 13, 2018
- 30 Foster Swift Attorneys Selected to 2017 Michigan Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists, September 8, 2017
- Michael Sanders Elected to College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, March 23, 2016
- 44 Foster Swift Attorneys Named to 2016 Best Lawyers in America® Roster, August 21, 2015
- dbusiness Names Four Foster Swift Attorneys Top Lawyers 2014, December 2013
- 21 Foster Swift Attorneys named to 2011 Michigan Super Lawyers; 4 named Michigan Rising Stars, September 12, 2011
- Attorney Archana Rajendra Joins Foster Swift, May 5, 2011
- Stop Before You Crash: Workers' Compensation and Employment Law, March 22, 2017