GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Foster Swift municipal law attorney Leslie A. Dickinson is a 2020 recipient of the Grand Rapids Bar Association’s (GRBA) 3 in 10 Award.
Presented by the GRBA’s First Year Committee, this annual award honors three attorneys in their first 10 years of practice that have demonstrated outstanding professional achievements, exceptional public service and significant contributions to the legal profession.
Leslie practices from the firm’s Grand Rapids office where she advises public entity clients such as cities, townships, counties, villages, libraries and local health departments on compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
Her representative matters include:
- Municipal Prosecution
- Misdemeanor and civil infraction ordinance and code violations
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use
- Ordinance Drafting
- Police power and zoning ordinances including regulations for medical marijuana, wind energy, solar energy, short-term rentals, and broadband internet
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Open Meetings Act (OMA) Compliance
- Inter-local Agreement Negotiation and Drafting