LANSING, Mich. – The Davis-Dunnings Bar Association (DDBA) is pleased to announce its new executive board officers for 2020-2021. Founded in 1981, the DDBA is recognized as a special purpose bar by the State Bar of Michigan (SBM), providing support to African-American attorneys in Mid-Michigan through networking and professional development opportunities.
- Robert Easterly was elected President. Robert is a litigator with Foster Swift Collins & Smith and practices in the firm’s Lansing office in the areas of criminal law, family law, immigration law, and business law. Robert previously served as the Association’s Vice President and Treasurer.
- Ernscie Augustin was elected Vice President. An elder law attorney with Chalgian & Tripp Law Offices, Ernscie is a member of the Probate and Estate Planning Council of the State Bar of Michigan. She had previously served as the DDBA’s Secretary.
- Dan Doyle was re-elected Treasurer. Dan is a private practice civil and criminal defense trial lawyer.
- L. Alisyn Crawford was elected Secretary. Alisyn is a Medicaid Long Term Care Policy Specialist for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. She previously served as the DDBA’s Communications Officer.
- Nakia White Barr was elected Communications Officer. Nakia is an Associate General Counsel and Secretary of the Board of Trustees at Michigan State University, where she focuses on contract, governance and government-related matters.