Ryan Lamb advises and represents domestic and foreign clients in both business and personal immigration matters, providing services to domestic businesses, employers of foreign national employees, executives, institutions of higher educations and individuals. Ryan chairs Foster Swift's Immigration Group, working to continuously improve the representation and delivery of immigration services to our clients. Ryan is a prolific author and invited speaker on numerous immigration topics.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Business & Taxation Section, Past Chairman
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Industry & Professional Associations:
- Business Network International, Holland I Chapter, Past President
- Lakeshore Leadership Association, Past President
- Deerview Estates Condominium Association, Past President
- Secured applicable work visas for eligible employees of numerous companies, permitting the employer to fill its needs and the employee to utilize his or her talents for mutual benefit.
- Adjusted immigration status to Legal Permanent Resident ("Green Card") for many individuals and family members.
- Obtained proper visas for foreign fiancés, facilitating entry and marriage in the U.S.
- Successfully obtained immigration benefits and overcame barriers for numerous individuals previously denied at service, trial, and appellate levels.
- Secured visa waivers for numerous individuals who otherwise have eligibility barriers to visa status.
- Worked with numerous foreign consulates to obtain individual visas or overcome prior visa denials.
- Guided employers through implementation of I-9 compliance plans or improvements.
- Represented employers targeted for I-9 audits and responding to enforcement actions, fines and penalties.
Recent Blog Posts
Health Care Law Blog
- I-9 Compliance - 2013 Updates & Planning Items, Foster Swift Agricultural Law Update, January 2013
- I-9 Compliance & E-Verify – A Potentially Useful Tool, But Not A Substitute For A Comprehensive Compliance Policy, Foster Swift Agricultural Law Update, January 2012
- I-9 Compliance is a “Hot” Area - How to Avoid Getting Burned, Foster Swift Agricultural Law Update, July 2011
- H-1B VISAS REMAIN AVAILABLE!, Foster Swift Business & Corporate Law Report, Spring 2011
News & Events
- International Student Entrepreneurship:Immigration Options, Michigan State University Explore Entrepreneurship Program (International Student Forum: Introduction to Issues, Opportunities & Resources), February 24, 2012
- Practical Steps to Acquiring International Interns & New Hires, Global Business Club of Mid-Michigan, January 25, 2012
University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1999
Michigan State University, B.A., Finance, 1996
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan