Members of the Foster Swift Health Care Group regularly assist clients in structuring transactions to comply with relevant laws. This includes the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark law, False Claims Act, Civil Monetary Penalties (CMP) laws, licensure and other state laws, reimbursement requirements as well as the Taxpayer Bill of Rights (TBOR). We also assist providers with developing effective corporate compliance programs. We represent and negotiate on behalf of clients who are under investigation for alleged Medicare fraud and abuse, ensuring their rights are protected.
Over the years, Foster Swift attorneys have been involved in many key cases before state and federal appellate courts. This includes authoring numerous amicus briefs, which are referenced in many key state and federal appellate court opinions.
Recent Blog Posts
- HHS Office for Civil Rights Publishes Checklist for HIPAA Covered Entities Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- DOJ Memo: Corporate Investigations to Focus on Individual Accountability
- Michigan Doctor Sentenced to 45 Years for Cancer Fraud Scheme
- Health Care Providers Face Steep Penalties for Medicare/Medicaid Fraud
- Walgreens Agrees to Record $80 Million Settlement with DEA
- Health Care Fraud and Abuse Enforcement - It's Not Just Hypothetical Anymore
- Precautions of Prescribing Controlled Substances for Pain
- Recap from the Health Law Institute
- Doctors Going to Jail for Medicare Scams
Publications & Alerts
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Timeline, Foster Swift Health Care Law E-News, October 11, 2012
- Recent Developments in Health Care Fraud Initiatives, Foster Swift Health Care Law E-News, June 26, 2009