The Importance of IP and Protecting Your Brand
Intellectual property (IP) rights can be one of a business’s most valuable assets. Your IP rights are:
- What sets your organization apart from competitors
- A potential revenue stream when sold or licensed
- How customers identify you and your particular brand
Why is discussing IP protection with legal counsel important? While it may seem that because you came up with an idea, you automatically own it and need no further protection. However, should your idea start to standout in a trending market and catches the attention of a competitor, imitation is not always the sincerest form of flattery.
When: November 9, 2022 from 12:00-12:30 pm
- Examples of intellectual property
- Patents, copyrights, trade secrets, etc.
- What is a trademark?
- How can you obtain one?
- What are the requirements for a trademark to be protected at the federal level?
- The benefits of trademarking your product
- Are there any downsides to registry such as another party disputing your ownership?
- How to maintain your trademark
- What is the timeline of events to file your trademark with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)?