Grand Rapids, MI - Today, Foster Swift, the Grand Rapids Bar Association and 11 other Grand Rapids area law firms signed the Five-Year Action Plan for the Managing Partners Diversity Collaborative Agreement. The agreement, which is the first of its kind in Michigan, focuses on promoting and achieving greater diversity and inclusion in the West Michigan legal community.
The plan establishes three committees and addresses three initial challenges:
- Increasing the number attorneys of color in our organizations within five years
- Improving the rate of retention and advancement of female attorneys and attorneys of color in our organizations
- Expanding the pipeline of persons of color who enter law school and the profession
Foster Swift's Grand Rapids Managing Partner Michael Homier was on hand for the ceremony and has led the effort on behalf of the firm.
Read more about the effort (we have identified that the following links are no longer active, and they have been removed):
- Grand Rapids Bar Association - Managing Partner Diversity Collaborative
- Five-Year Action Plan - Outcomes, Strategies & Action Steps