Founded: 1902 in Lansing, Michigan by Richard B. Foster
- 92 attorneys - all graduates of ABA accredited law schools and all in "good standing with the State Bar of Michigan"
- 18 paralegals
- 51 legal secretaries
- 34 administration employees including accounting, human resources, marketing, office services, recruiting and technology
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. 40 attorneys hold an AV® Preeminent™ rating.
- Best Lawyers in America©. 44 of our attorneys earned this designation for 2017. Additionally, Foster Swift was ranked in more than 47 of the 120 practice areas listed in the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers 2016 Best Law Firms in America.
- Michigan Super Lawyers. 21 of our attorneys were recently selected for this recognition based on the survey conducted byLaw & Politics magazine. We were also honored to have Michigan Super Lawyers name 8 of our young attorneys as "Rising Stars."
- Theodore Swift Civility Award. In 2000, the Ingham County (Lansing) Bar Association established this annual recognition in honor of Ted Swift, one of the attorneys for whom our firm is named. He was the award’s first recipient. It honors local trial lawyers for “…manifesting civility in his or her relations with the Bench, Bar, clients, and the public, while adhering to and advancing the highest principals and traditions of the legal profession.” Scott Mandel, another one of the firm’s litigators, recently received this award.
- Lansing (opened 1902)
- Southfield (Farmington Hills 1997-2016, moved to Southfield August 2016)
- Detroit (opened 2003)
- Grand Rapids (opened 2005)
- Holland (opened 2010)
- St. Joseph (opened 2016)
- Michael Sanders, President
- Terry Blakely, Executive Director
- Kimberly Hafley, Media Contact