October 18, 2022
Foster Swift’s 23 women attorneys are encouraging everyone to celebrate National Business Women’s Week and recognize the great works of this country’s working women. Today, there are 7.2 million majority-owned, privately-held, women-owned businesses in the United States. These organizations employ 7.3 million people and generate $1.1 trillion in sales (Business and Professional Women's Foundation).
National Business Women’s Week® is an opportunity to engage our women leaders, and provide valuable information and resources for women aiming to be leaders in their individual industries.
To add tools to the toolbox for success, the attorneys at Foster Swift are sharing highlights all week long from their series “Legal Strategies for Women Leaders”, which aims to provide the legal framework needed for leaders to innovate, grow, and excel both personally and professionally. Links to the recordings of the 2022 programs are below:
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Certification: Process, Requirements and Benefits
- Executive compensation options & negotiation
- Protecting Your Business and Assets when the Marriage Fails
- Using Estate Planning to Secure Your Legacy
Another great resource for women starting their businesses is the Small Business Administration (SBA) Women’s Business Centers. Michigan is fortunate to have three locations which are listed below:
- Great Lakes Women’s Business Council 33109 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI 48150 | P: (734) 677-1400 | | E: email@example.com
- GROW (Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women) 25 Sheldon Avenue SE, Suite 210, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 | P: (616) 458-3404 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women’s Business Center at Cornerstone Alliance 80 W Main Street, Benton Harbor, MI 49022 | P: (269) 925-6100 | E: email@example.com
Foster Swift female attorneys are already planning next year's programming and encourage women business leaders' to provide input via this anonymous SurveyMonkey survey.