Clifford Hammond is a member of Foster Swift's Employers Services practice group in the Southfield and Lansing offices where he focuses his practice on employment and labor law counsel and litigation. He has extensive experience with the National Labor Relations Act, Michigan Employment Relations Commission, Federal and State Courts, State and Federal administrative agency proceedings, collective bargaining, arbitration, mediation, union avoidance, employment litigation, and dispute resolution.
He is well versed in employment and labor law and regularly conducts seminars to groups, including: The American Hospital Association, American Society of Employers, Michigan Health and Hospital Association, Airport Minority Advisory Council, Michigan Public Employer Labor Relations Association, Lansing Chamber of Commerce, Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and the Southern Wayne County Regional Chamber. Clifford has also written publications on unionization trends, the National Labor Relations Board, developments in employment law, The Affordable Care Act; employee classification determinations, developments in wage and hour law, and handling employee discipline and counseling.
He is also co-chair of the Labor & Employment Committee for the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, as well as a member of the Defense Research Institute, and Michigan Council of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Honors & Recognitions
Michigan Super Lawyers, "Rising Star" 2015
Michigan Lawyers Weekly, "Up & Coming Lawyer" 2010
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Labor & Employment Committee, Co-chair
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Michigan Council of the Society for Human Resource Management, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Michigan Masons, Member
- Parent Teacher Association Member- Livonia, Michigan
- Oakland County Prosecutor's Foundation for Kids, Board Member
Recent Blog Posts
Michigan Labor & Employment Law Blog
- Deadline Announced: Employers Must Submit EEO-1 Pay Data by September 30, 2019, April 2019 Employment, Labor & Benefits Law News E-Blast, April 30, 2019
- Guidance for Our Clients Regarding Michigan's New Paid Medical Leave Act, February 2019 Employment, Labor & Benefits Law News E-blast, March 1, 2019
- The Difficult Intersection of Workers’ Compensation, FMLA and ADA when an Employee gets Sick or Injured, October 2018 Employment Labor & Benefits News, October 1, 2018
- Contributing Editor: The Developing Labor Law
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules Employers can Prohibit Employees from Filing Class Action Lawsuits, May 2018 Employment Labor & Benefits Law News E-Blast, May 24, 2018
- Stopping Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, February 2018 Employment Labor & Benefits News, January 22, 2018
News & Events
- The Shifting Sands of Employment Law, MICPA: CPEconomy Event, Frankenmuth, May 9, 2019
- Employee Handbooks and Personnel Policies, Michigan Chamber of Commerce: Lansing, April 23, 2019
- Employee Handbooks and Personnel Policies, Michigan Chamber of Commerce: Walsh College, Novi, April 18, 2019
- Compliance in Today’s Environment of Employment Law Hyper-Awareness, MICPA: CPEconomy Event for Industry, Troy, March 26, 2019
- Your Employee is Hurt, but is it FMLA, ADA or Workers Comp?, Michigan Chamber of Commerce, March 7, 2019
- No, that Employee is NOT an Independent Contractor, Michigan Chamber of Commerce, January 31, 2019
- Hammond to Deliver Webinars on Important Employment Issues, Ingham County Legal News, January 22, 2019
- Foster Swift Elects New Shareholders, Lansing Regional Chamber, January 21, 2019
- Cliff Hammond named PFFK Board of Directors, April 10, 2017
Widener University School of Law, J.D.
University of Delaware, B.A.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Nothern District of Indiana