Clifford Hammond is a member of Foster Swift's Employers Services practice group in the Southfield and Lansing offices where he focuses his practice on employment and labor law counsel and litigation. He has extensive experience with the National Labor Relations Act, Michigan Employment Relations Commission, Federal and State Courts, State and Federal administrative agency proceedings, collective bargaining, arbitration, mediation, union avoidance, employment litigation, and dispute resolution.
He is well versed in employment and labor law and regularly conducts seminars to groups, including: The American Hospital Association, American Society of Employers, Michigan Health and Hospital Association and Airport Minority Advisory Council. Clifford has also written publications on unionization trends, the National Labor Relations Board, developments in employment law, The Affordable Care Act; employee classification determinations, developments in wage and hour law, and handling employee discipline and counseling.
He is also co-chair of the Labor & Employment Committee for the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, as well as a member of the Defense Research Institute, and Michigan Council of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Honors & Recognitions
Michigan Super Lawyers, "Rising Star" 2015
Michigan Lawyers Weekly, "Up & Coming Lawyer" 2010
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Labor & Employment Committee, Co-chair
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Michigan Council of the Society for Human Resource Management, Member
- Michigan Masons, Member
- Parent Teacher Association Member- Livonia, Michigan
Recent Blog Posts
Michigan Labor & Employment Law
- Stopping Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, February 2018 Employment Labor & Benefits News, January 22, 2018
News & Events
- Cliff Hammond named PFFK Board of Directors, April 10, 2017
- Employers Learn Latest Updates in Employment Law, Foster Swift, February 7, 2018
- Avoiding Sexual & Other Unlawful Harassment in the Workplace, Michigan Chamber of Commerce, January 9, 2018
- Stop Before You Crash: Workers' Compensation and Employment Law, March 22, 2017
- Legal Essentials for Municipal Officials, January 18, 2017