Foster Swift has successfully represented insurance companies in coverage litigation. Our representation includes, among other things, the proactive filing of declaratory judgment actions on behalf of insurers and the defense of “bad faith” and other coverage claims. We understand how extremely important these cases are to our clients.
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Insurance Law in Grand Rapids by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Recent Blog Posts
- Damage Caused by Boarded Horses -- Who Pays for It?
- New Year's Resolutions for the Equine Industry
- New York is 48th State to Enact an Equine Liability Law
- Dog Bite Liability – What Horse Owners and Stables Should Know
- How to Hire an Equine Lawyer
- Liability Insurance for the Average Horse Owner
- Equine Insurance Policy Notice Requirements
- Should You Reduce or Cancel Your Liability Insurance?
Publications & Alerts
- Understanding the Ins and Outs of the “Favored-Work” Doctrine Under Michigan Workers’ Compensation Law, February 2018 Employment Labor & Benefits News, January 25, 2018
- A Motion for Directed Verdict, Michigan Bar Journal, July 2013
- How Not to Sell a Horse, The Equine Chronicle, June 27, 2013
- Insurance Coverage, TIPS Animal Law Committee Newsletter, Fall 2010
- Fershtman Earns Highest Honor from State Bar of Michigan, Lansing Regional Chamber, September 25, 2018
- 31 Foster Swift Attorneys Selected to 2018 Michigan Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” Lists, September 10, 2018
- Michigan Court of Appeals Reiterates That Worker’s Compensation Claims Are the Exclusive Remedy for Injured Employees, Detroit Legal News, May 1, 2018
- WLAM to Present Fershtman with the 2018 Jean King Leadership Award, April 10, 2018
- Five Foster Swift Attorneys Named to dbusiness 2018 Top Lawyers, November 9, 2017
- 30 Foster Swift Attorneys Selected to 2017 Michigan Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists, September 8, 2017
- Fershtman to Receive Animal Law Award, American Bar Association, August 1, 2017