Foster Swift has successfully represented insurance companies in coverage litigation. Our representation includes, among other things, the proactive filing of declaratory judgment actions on behalf of insurers and the defense of “bad faith” and other coverage claims. We understand how extremely important these cases are to our clients.
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Insurance Law in Lansing and Grand Rapids by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2020.
Recent Blog Posts
- Damage Caused by Boarded Horses -- Who Pays for It?
- New Year's Resolutions for the Equine Industry
- New York is 48th State to Enact an Equine Liability Law
- Dog Bite Liability – What Horse Owners and Stables Should Know
- How to Hire an Equine Lawyer
- Liability Insurance for the Average Horse Owner
- Equine Insurance Policy Notice Requirements
- Should You Reduce or Cancel Your Liability Insurance?
- Federal Assistance to Providers and Required Coverage of COVID-19 Testing by Insurers
- U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Rules Concerning Association Health Plans
Publications & Alerts
- What the New Michigan No-Fault Laws Mean for Employees Injured in Accidents while Occupying an Employer-Owned Vehicle, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, June 3, 2020
- Animal Law for Insurance Lawyers, American Bar Association: Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, February 4, 2020
- March 15 Deadline: What Michigan Farmers Need to Know About Crop Insurance, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, January 24, 2020
- Avoiding Insurance Disputes in Agriculture, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, March 2019
- Understanding the Ins and Outs of the “Favored-Work” Doctrine Under Michigan Workers’ Compensation Law, Foster Swift Employment Labor & Benefits News, January 25, 2018
- A Motion for Directed Verdict, Michigan Bar Journal, July 2013
- Livestock Mortality Insurance—Battleground Areas for Legal Disputes and Options To Avoid Disputes, Emmett J. Vaughan Agribusiness Conference-Richmond, VA, June 19, 2019
- Livestock Mortality Insurance—Battleground Areas for Legal Disputes and Options To Avoid Disputes, Emmett J. Vaughan Agribusiness Conference-Sacramento, CA, April 17, 2019
- Equine Activity Liability Acts and the Courts—What You Need to Know, Emmett J. Vaughan Agribusiness Conference-Richmond, VA, April 16, 2019
- Livestock Liability - Loose Livestock, Cow Out & Trespassing Claims, Agricultural Claims National Conference, March 19, 2019
- 18 Attorneys Selected to 2020 Michigan Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars”, September 18, 2020
- Fershtman Awarded Additional Super Lawyers Honors in 2020, September 18, 2020
- Gismondi Shares What New Michigan No-Fault Laws Mean For Employees, Michigan Business Network, June 9, 2020
- Fershtman Published in ABA-TIPS Law Journal, February 12, 2020
- Foster Swift Elects Badalucco and Gismondi as Shareholders, January 13, 2020
- Foster Swift Listed in Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 2020, November 1, 2019
- 23 Attorneys Selected to 2019 Michigan Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars”, Automation Alley, September 3, 2019