Foster Swift has successfully defended insurance companies in coverage litigation. This includes matters where the issues focused on whether the insurer committed "bad faith." We understand how extremely important these cases are to our clients as they can involve a significant amount of money.
Our representation includes successful motions for summary judgment and trials. We have also handled coverage cases where the insurer believed the policyholder or insured party engaged in misrepresentation during the application process for coverage.
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Insurance Law in Grand Rapids by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Recent Blog Posts
Publications & Alerts
- A Motion for Directed Verdict, Michigan Bar Journal, July 2013
- How Not to Sell a Horse, The Equine Chronicle, June 27, 2013
- Insurance Coverage, TIPS Animal Law Committee Newsletter, Fall 2010
- Five Foster Swift Attorneys Named to dbusiness 2018 Top Lawyers, November 9, 2017
- 30 Foster Swift Attorneys Selected to 2017 Michigan Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists, September 8, 2017
- Drew Block joins Foster Swift's Southfield Office, May 17, 2017
- Julie Fershtman Selected for Two Additional Michigan Super Lawyers Honors, September 8, 2015
- Foster Swift Attorney Julie Fershtman Selected for Michigan's State Bar 21st Century Task Force, July 17, 2015
- Julie I. Fershtman Speaks at National Insurance Conference, April 5, 2011