Foster Swift entertainment lawyers counsel clients on a wide range of issues involving entertainment law, such as film financing, project management, distribution, intellectual property, licensing and optioning of rights. Entertainment law encompasses many broad legal categories. The attorneys at Foster Swift can help artists, writers and producers handle contract, merchandising, securities, employment, taxation, litigation and contested rights issues. Our lawyers work closely with artists, talent and their management to help them pursue their careers successfully.
Our services in the following areas include working with:
- Film/Television: Studios, Screenwriters, Producers, Directors, Casting Directors, Music Directors, Managers, Agents, Actors and Actresses, Animators, Distributors, Production Companies
- Music: Composers, Songwriters, Producers, Recording Artists and Bands, Musicians, Managers, Agents, Publishing Companies, Record Labels, Distributors, Digital Download Companies, Performing Rights Societies, Concert Promoters
- Theater: Playwrights, Composers, Lyricists, Producers, Managers, Actors and Actresses
- Literature: Authors (fiction, nonfiction and technical), Publishers, Electronic Publishers
- Advertising: Models, Photographers, Writers and Singers of Jingles, Agencies
Foster Swift's entertainment lawyers work diligently on behalf of our clients to provide a strategic legal focus and cover necessary details so the artists can do what they do best: create.
Please contact us for any entertainment law questions or assistance with proposed projects you may be developing.
Foster Swift has created a series of short videos to address a few of the most frequently asked questions regarding entertainment law. To view a video click on the title below.
Recent Blog Posts
- Potential $13.5 Million Uber Fine Highlights the Importance of Risk-Based Breach Response
- Are Ransomware Payments Tax Deductible?
- #Sponsored: What Social Media Influencers Need to Know to Remain Compliant with the FTC
- Two Stars?! What can my Business do in Response to Negative Reviews?
- How Are Foreign Entrepreneurs Affected by the Delay of the International Entrepreneur Rule?
- Big Hollywood Studios Win Injunction Against Streamer VidAngel in Copyright Infringement Case
- I Have a Script and I Want to Make a Movie
- Filming for TV Show Results in HIPAA Violation and $2.2 Million Settlement Paid by New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Will You Read My Script?
- Three Tips for Music Licensing in Media Production
- The Law of Music, NALA Conference, July 24, 2017
- Legal Lifecycle of a Feature Film, NALA Conference, 2016
- Mashni Named SBM ACES Chair, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law News, February 4, 2020
- Foster Swift Elects New Shareholders, Lansing Regional Chamber, January 21, 2019
- Attorney Russell Appointed as Litigation Practice Group Co-Leader, January 29, 2018
- Foster Swift Attorneys Named to Leadership Positions with State Bar of Michigan ACES Section, Southfield Chamber of Commerce, October 12, 2017
- John Mashni Elected to Arts, Communications, Entertainment & Sports (ACES) Council, October 19, 2015
- Entertainment law attorney releases series of videos for aspiring film & TV writers, February 11, 2015
- Foster Swift welcomes Attorney John Mashni, June 18, 2013