Warren practices in the areas of estate planning, estate administration and probate, civil litigation, and real property. He is an experienced litigator at the district, circuit, and appellate levels around the State of Michigan, but also has years of experience representing clients in transactional matters within his practice areas.
Warren represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in probate court litigation, including disputes such as the construction of wills and trusts, the contested validity of wills and trusts and breach of trust actions brought against fiduciaries. He also advises clients in planning and preparing estate documents to achieve their unique goals. He has also represented clients in numerous complex multi-million dollar real estate transactions, and advises and represents commercial property owners, condominium associations, and management companies in real property matters.
Warren earned his B.A. in Economics from Michigan State University, where he was also a scholarship athlete competing on the varsity men’s cross country and track and field teams, and earned his Juris Doctor from The DePaul University College of Law. Warren was also awarded as one of the “Top 5 Under 35” attorneys in Ingham County, and has served on the board of the Ingham County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section, and as Co-Chair of the Ingham County Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law Section.
Honors & Recognitions
"Top 5 Under 35, Ingham County Bar Association, 2015
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Real Property Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Ingham County Bar Association
Industry & Professional Associations:
- Greater Lansing Estate Planning Council, Member
- Developed, drafted and implemented estate plans for clients of various needs including the maintenance, care and guardianship of minor children; appointment of durable powers of attorney and medical powers of attorney, among others.
- Represented clients in numerous matters before the Michigan Court of Appeals including successfully representing a beneficiary defending the appeal of a judgment invalidating a putative will disinheriting client.
- Successfully represented clients seeking appointment as guardian or conservator over incapacitated individuals.
- Represented investors and lenders in multi-million dollar real estate developments.
- Represented clients in numerous civil actions in state and federal courts, and proceedings before Michigan probate courts.
- Advised small businesses and startups on various matters including organizational structures and agreements, employment matters, and member/shareholder disputes.
- Understanding and Avoiding Post-Death Disputes, January 2019 Agricultural Law News, January 30, 2019
News & Events
- Foster Swift Welcomes Krueger to the Firm, October 2, 2018
DePaul University College of Law, J.D. 2010
Michigan State University, B.A., 2005, Economics
Bar and Court Admissions
Michigan Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan