Alicia Birach is a member of the Employer Services Practice Group and works out of the firm's Southfield office. She has extensive experience representing insurance carriers, third party administrators and employers against workers' compensation claims. Additionally, she is experienced in counseling employers on labor and employment issues.
Alicia started her professional career in the accounting realm. Prior to her tenure at Foster Swift, she worked in transfer pricing at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Detroit and was also involved with Tax Services at KPMG in Detroit. While still in school, she completed internships with the Serious Fraud Office in London, England and the Internal Audit Department at Central Michigan University.
Birach completed her undergraduate studies at Central Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science in business administration, focusing on accounting. She received her Juris Doctorate from Wayne State University Law School, where she was a winning member of the Moot Court Team and won the Arthur Neef Competition argued before the Michigan Supreme Court.
Honors & Recognitions
Michigan Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2016-2018
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Can Michigan Employers Terminate Employees Who Lawfully Use Medical Marijuana?, February 2018 Employment Labor & Benefits News, January 25, 2018
- Limiting Opioid use in Workers' Compensation Cases, Foster Swift Employment, Labor & Benefits News, November 17, 2016
- Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits Still an Employee’s Exclusive Remedy?, Foster Swift Workers' Compensation Update, October 2012
News & Events
- 31 Foster Swift Attorneys Selected to 2018 Michigan Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” Lists, September 10, 2018
- Foster Swift Employment Attorney Named an Up and Coming Lawyer for 2017, Dbusiness, November 8, 2017
- 30 Foster Swift Attorneys Selected to 2017 Michigan Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists, September 8, 2017
- Foster Swift Elects Seven New Shareholders, January 18, 2017
- 29 Foster Swift Attorneys Selected to 2016 Michigan Super Lawyers and Michigan Rising Stars Lists, September 2, 2016
- dbusiness Names Four Foster Swift Attorneys Top Lawyers 2014, December 2013
- Responding to Workplace Violence: Workers' Compensation, October 25, 2018
- Responding to Workplace Violence: Workers' Compensation, Foster Swift, October 17, 2018
- Stop Before You Crash: Workers' Compensation and Employment Law, March 22, 2017