Steven J. Tjapkes is an attorney with the Business & Tax practice group of Foster Swift. Steven practices from the firm's Grand Rapids office with a focus on counseling agri-businesses and family farms in organization, succession planning and transactional matters. In addition to his practice, Steven lectures on estate administration and buying and selling small businesses.
Previously a veterinarian in private practice, Steven received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M) degree from Michigan State University in 1991. In 1999, he graduated cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School with his Juris Doctor (J.D.).
Steven is a member of the Grand Rapids Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America® 2012-2023 (Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Trusts and Estates)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Michigan Corn Growers Association
- Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee
- Solar Leases: Ten Things That Every Landowner Should Keep in Mind, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, September 20, 2021
News & Events
- Foster Swift Attorneys Named 2023 Best Lawyers in America©, Best Lawyers in America, August 18, 2022
- Foster Swift Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers in America©, August 19, 2021
- Tjapkes Joins Grand Rapids Office of Foster Swift, January 26, 2021
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1999, cum laude
Michigan State University, D.V.M., 1991
Calvin University, B.A., 1985
Bar and Court Admissions
Grand Rapids Bar Association