Jim Doezema is a shareholder in the firm’s Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy Services Practice Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of real estate development, municipal law, litigation (real property matters, zoning, commercial and negligence matters, including dram shop and premises liability) and business entity selection, organization and planning.
He received his undergraduate degree from Calvin College and his Juris Doctorate from Vanderbilt University. Jim is also a licensed Michigan Real Estate Broker.
Admitted to practice law in Michigan, before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan and the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, Jim is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Western District Bar Association and the Grand Rapids Bar Association. Jim is the chairman of the City of Grand Rapids Planning Commission, serves on the council of Brookside Christian Reformed Church and is involved in a variety of sports.
Honors & Recognitions
AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell
Licensed Michigan Real Estate Broker
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- City of Grand Rapids Planning Commission, Past Chairman (2007-2009)
- Brookside Christian Reformed Church, Past Deacon and Treasurer
- Calvin College Alumni Association, Local Section, Past Member
- Eagle Impact, Board Member
- Can I benefit from the Ag Exemption?, Foster Swift Agricultural Law Update, May 2013
News & Events
- Foster Swift Elects 2017 Executive Committee, February 13, 2017
- Foster Swift Elects 2016 Executive Committee, March 21, 2016
- Foster Swift's Grand Rapids Office Announces Appointments, February 7, 2008
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1985
Calvin College, B.A., 1982
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals