Erica Huddas is a senior attorney in the Lansing office of Foster Swift. Erica is a member of the Trusts and Estates Practice Group where her ability to understand complex tax matters is optimized. She practices in the areas of charitable planned giving, federal estate and gift tax planning, estate planning, family office planning, and probate and trust administration. Erica works with clients to understand and implement their unique estate planning goals. She assists fiduciaries in the administration of estates and trusts. Erica also has experience assisting business owners with succession planning.
Erica started at Foster Swift in 2009 after successfully completing the firm's summer associate program in 2008 and wrapping up a very distinguished academic career. Erica took a leave of absence from the firm in 2013 to meet the needs of her growing family. Foster Swift welcomed her back in 2022. During her absence, Erica operated her own trust management company and served as a family trust company manager.
Erica earned her law degree from Michigan State University College of Law summa cum laude. During her time at Michigan State, she received multiple Jurisprudence Awards for best overall grade in her class, served as an associate editor for The Michigan State Law Review, and was a National Italian American Foundation Graduates to Leaders Program Scholarship recipient. The State Bar of Michigan also recognized Erica's aptitude and presented her with the 2009 State Bar of Michigan Tax Student Achievement Award. In recognition of her academic excellence, Erica was awarded full tuition scholarships from both Michigan State University College of Law and Madonna University.
Honors & Recognitions
State Bar of Michigan Tax Student Achievement Award, 2009
Michigan State University College of Law:
- Dean King Scholar
- Michigan State Law Review, Associate Editor
National Italian American Foundation Graduates to Leaders Program Scholarship Recipient, 2007
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
- DOL Extends Applicability Dates for the Service Provider Fee Disclosure and Participant-Level Fee Disclosure Regulations, Foster Swift Employment, Labor & Benefits Quarterly, Fall 2011
- Congressional Inaction: The Federal Estate Tax Update, Foster Swift Estate Planning Insights, Fall 2010
- New 401(k)/403(b) Plan Fee Disclosure Rules, Foster Swift Employment, Labor & Benefits E-News, September 9, 2010
- Collection of Unpaid Medical Expenses After a Patient's Death, Foster Swift Health Care Law Report, July 2008
News & Events
- Foster Swift Welcomes New Associate Erica Huddas, April 14, 2010
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2009, summa cum laude
Madonna University, B.S., 2003, summa cum laude
Bar and Court Admissions