Brandon is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group and works in the Lansing office.
Brandon learned the inner workings of the court system by serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Michelle M. Rick and Randy L. Tahvonen, Michigan 29th Judicial Circuit Court, and as an extern to the Honorable John T. Gregg, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan. Brandon gained additional experience as an intern to the Federal Public Defender in the Western District of Michigan. Brandon was also hired as a research assistant to Professor Nicholas J. Wittner, MSU College of Law, to study the challenges of autonomous vehicles under Michigan law for the Michigan Council on Future Mobility.
Brandon attended the Michigan State University College of Law for his legal education where he was a member of the King Scholar Honors Program and graduated in the top four percent of his class. Throughout his time at law school, Brandon received numerous scholarships and awards for his excellent work. A Managing Editor of the MSU Law Review, a multi-year finalist Brief Writer and Oralist for the Moot Court Program, and a member of the Trial Practice Institute, Brandon had a busy and well-rounded legal education.
Brandon received his undergraduate degree in Political Science and Mathematics from Aquinas College where he was the youngest chairman to serve in the school’s Student Senate.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Section, 2019
- 2019 Updates to GAAMP, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, July 25, 2019
- Sending Williamson County Out to Pasture: State Court Exhaustion No Longer Required for Federal Takings Claims, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, July 24, 2019
- Opening Pandora’s Hotbox: Residential Landlords and Proposal 1, Foster Swift Finance Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law News, May 24, 2019
- Downstream Litigation: Henry v. Dow Chemical Co. and Claim Accrual in Toxic Tort Cases, Michigan Environmental Law Journal: Fall 2018 Issue
News & Events
- Foster Swift Welcomes Five New Attorneys, November 16, 2018
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2018, summa cum laude
Aquinas College, B.A., Political Science and Mathematics, 2015, cum laude
Hon. Michelle M. Rick & Randy L. Tahvonen, Circuit Judges, Michigan 29th Judicial Circuit Court, 2016-18
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan