Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 2001
University of Michigan, B.A., 1997, with honors
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Benjamin J. Price
Benjamin J. Price
A native of Mason, Michigan, Ben started with Foster Swift as a summer associate in 2000. After graduating from law school, he rejoined the firm and quickly found his niche in the areas of banking, real estate development and construction law. In early 2010, Ben was named Banking, Finance and Real Estate Practice Group Leader. A key component of his management philosophy is that accessibility and responsiveness are fundamental to delivering first-rate legal counsel.
A more structured look at Ben's practice shows range of the services he provides clients:
- Landlord-Tenant - Lease negotiations, disputes and evictions.
- Real Estate Development - Land Division Act, Condominium Act, construction contracts and easements.
- Real Estate Transactions - Commercial/Residential agreements, due diligence review (title work, surveys, zoning, environmental), and review loan documents.
- Real Estate Finance - loan documentation, modifications, workouts, mortgage foreclosures, and land contract foreclosures and forfeitures.
- Real Estate Litigation - Judicial foreclosures, adverse possession/quiet title, title claims, and foreclosure of construction liens.
- Real Estate Brokerage - Listing agreements, agency disclosures, buyer/broker agreements, and property management agreements.
Ben is a frequent moderator at the Institute of Continuing Legal Education real estate seminars. He also provides educational sessions on the latest changes in the mortgage foreclosure law to his banking and credit union clients. It's for these many reasons that Benjamin is a leading real estate attorney in Lansing.
- Represented large bank with foreclosures of mortgages for multi-million dollar commercial properties.
- Assisted large bank in complex multi-million dollar deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction.
- Represented client with complex lease assignment and simultaneous purchase of new property.
- Assisted borrower client with significant loan modifications and workouts of defaulted loans.
- Counseled client with million dollar exclusive option to purchase agreement with significant land division and zoning issues.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan