Foster Swift attorneys have experience handling a diverse range of cable, telecommunications and energy matters. Attorneys on the utilities team help clients interpret and comply with state and federal cable regulations. In the telecommunications arena, Foster Swift attorneys routinely handle various state and federal telecommunications issues. We have reviewed, drafted, and negotiated nearly every type of agreement imaginable involving cable and telecommunications matters. In the ever-expanding area of energy law, we have drafted wind turbine ordinances and power purchase agreements – including renewable energy power purchase agreements – and have handled matters involving Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) approval of renewable energy power purchase agreements.
Publications & Alerts
- Court of Appeals Rules In Favor of Utilities – and Against Municipalities -- Regarding Rights to Locate Transmission Lines, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, February 27, 2015
- Wind Turbine Company Fined for Killing Birds, Ingham Country Bar Association Briefs, December 2013
- "Smart Meter" Update, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, August 2012
- Court Rejects Detroit Edison’s “Smart Meter” Program, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, June 2012
- Pending Bill Would Preempt Local Zoning for Equipment Installed on an Existing Tower, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, April 25, 2012
- Federal Court Hears Cable Franchise Dispute, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, January 2012