Success is Always in Style
Fosterfashion is a team of attorneys that provide specialized services to designers, manufacturers, exporters, importers and retailers. From preparing basic sales and employment contracts to handling sophisticated intellectual property litigation, we offer a full range of legal services to meet the legal challenges affecting the fashion and design industry.
Designers: Combine your creativity with our experience and expertise to launch and grow your successful business.
You have a vision and you’ve turned that vision into a brand you need to protect. We will foster your success by providing the advice, contracts and representation you need, at all stages of your business creation and expansion, to maximize brand protection and minimize risk. Call on Fosterfashion to:
- Form and finance your business, with the benefit of our advice and proper documents
- Trademark your brand and protect your design work to the greatest extent possible with, copyright or patent registrations, and enforcement of your trade dress rights
- Profit from licensing, while protecting your brand, relying on Fosterfashion to negotiate and draft licensing agreements
- Get the most out of your supplier, distribution and marketing relationships when you engage us to negotiate and draft contracts
- Avoid risk and complication in your relationships with employees and independent contractors, by seeking our advice and proper documentation
- Go global, to import raw materials or finished goods and export your creations, with the benefit of our advice and representation
- Lease or acquire studio, office, manufacturing, retail or warehouse space on favorable, understandable terms, obtained through our extensive real estate experience
- Get what is owed to you. Rely on our firm to demand and collect payment.
- Protect what is yours, by allowing us to represent you in all forms of commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation. This includes intellectual property litigation and actions to enforce covenants not to compete.
Manufacturers: We also serve the “makers” for whom unique visual product design is key.
You can call on us with confidence that we tailor our legal services with an understanding of the demands of production. Fosterfashion provides advice and representation so your rights are protected and your risks minimized when you: acquire equipment; employ a workforce; transport goods; and navigate environmental, safety and other regulatory issues.
We look forward to being a part of your vibrant, growing business.
Additionally, nearly 100 other Foster Swift attorneys, in offices across Michigan, are ready to handle your personal and professional legal needs. If you require out-of-state legal counsel, we have long standing professional relationships with other law firms across the United States and internationally, through our membership in Lexwork International. We also have close ties with attorneys who provide specialized fashion law expertise to New York’s Garment District and to West Coast designers.
The members of Fosterfashion publish articles and speak on legal issues affecting your industry. Please contact Deanna Swisher if you are looking for a speaker.