Drew Block is a member of the firm's General Litigation Practice Group focusing his practice on insurance coverage. He has represented both insurers and insureds in state and federal cases throughout the Midwest. Drew's practice has dipped into commercial general liability policies, umbrella/excess policies and commercial property policies related to claims for construction defects, personal injury, property damage, toxic tort and environmental coverage.
Drew also has extensive knowledge and experience in intellectual property claims, TCPA actions, appeals and bad faith litigation. In addition, he has represented defendants in premises liability, products liability, medical malpractice, auto accident cases, and commercial and business disputes. He will work primarily in the firm's Southfield office.
Drew was named a 2015 Illinois Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers.
Honors & Recognitions
2015 Illinois Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers
Memberships & Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute
- Drew was retained to defend an insurance carrier in a multi-million dollar coverage dispute regarding coverage for damage to an assembly line.
- Drew was retained by an insurance carrier to defend the carrier against several claims, including bad faith, related to a complex first-party property damage claim.
- Drew obtained a verdict in favor of an insurance carrier following a bench trial regarding coverage for an underlying trademark/Lenham Act lawsuit.
- Drew regularly defends insurance carriers in complex insurance coverage disputes regarding priority of umbrella/excess policies, bad faith, TCPA and intellectual property claims.
News & Events
- Drew Block joins Foster Swift's Southfield Office, May 17, 2017
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2013
The Ohio State University, B.A., 2000
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan