As a member of the General Litigation Group, Mark Colon practices in the areas of Insurance Law, including property loss, liability defense, fraud and coverage analysis.
With more than two decades of experience, Mark finds he is just as enthusiastic today about each new case as he was as a young attorney 25 years ago. "My objective is to get the matter efficiently and successfully handled for the client", he says.
He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame and his law degree from the Valparaiso University School of Law.
Mark is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and the Grand Rapids Bar Association. He is admitted to practice law in Michigan and in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan.
Committed to giving back to the community, Mark is an active volunteer in several community youth sports organizations and is also a member of St. Sebastian Catholic Church in Byron Center, Michigan.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- St. Sebastian Catholic Church, Member (2014-Present)
- Diamonds Sports Training, Travel Softball Coach
- Kentwood Baseball League, Sponsor (1998-Present) and Past Coach
- St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church
- Finance Council, Past member (2003-2010)
- Pastoral Council, Past member (1997-2003) and Past Chairman
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan, Grand Rapids Branch, Chairperson (1994-1997)
- Grand Rapids Catholic Central High School, Head Varsity Hockey Coach (1988-1992)
- The Beginning of the End of the Open and Obvious Defense for Retail Stores?, June 4, 2014
- No PIP Benefits for Injured Excluded Driver, Foster Swift No-Fault E-News, October 25, 2012
- Everything Old is New Again, Foster Swift No-Fault E-News, June 20, 2012
- Court of Appeals Rules that "Arson " is not Encompassed by a "Vandalism and Malicious Mischief" Exclusion, Foster Swift Property Insurance/Premises E-News, November 6, 2008
- Court of Appeals Rules on "Criminal Acts" Exclusion as Applied to Corporate Representative, Foster Swift Property Insurance/Premises E-News, September 24, 2008
- Court of Appeals Holds that Title Insurance Policy No Longer Provided Coverage After Plaintiff Transferred Ownership to Third Party, Foster Swift Property Insurance/Premises E-News, July 2, 2008
News & Events
- Planning for the Latter Stages of Life
Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., 1988
University of Notre Dame, B.A., Government, 1985
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan