Joseph "Joe" Gale is a litigator practicing in Foster Swift’s Southfield office. He handles a wide range of insurance defense claims and is particularly experienced with all aspects of first and third party no-fault litigation. For example, Joe successfully briefed and argued a motion for summary disposition on a no-fault reimbursement action that totaled 1.5 million dollars.
Having plaintiff and defense civil litigation experience accompanied by a business background, Joe provides clients objective and practical counsel. In addition to insurance defense, Joe has served as general counsel to a large corporation with offices in five countries, prosecuted and defended civil matters in a wide range of practice areas including employment, civil rights, and municipal law, many of which have been considered before state and federal appellate courts.
In a very competitive area of practice, Civil Litigation Defense, Joe is recognized as a Michigan Super Lawyers "Rising Star” for 2019. Joe earned his juris doctor degree from Wayne State University Law School and completed his undergraduate degree in Business Administration and Pre-Law at the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America© 2022-2023 "One to Watch" (Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants)
Michigan Super Lawyers "Rising Star," Civil Litigation: Defense, 2019-2022
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
News & Events
- Foster Swift Best Lawyers® 2023 "Ones to Watch", Best Lawyers in America, August 18, 2022
- 21 Attorneys Selected to 2022 Michigan Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars”, Michigan Super Lawyers, August 12, 2022
- Foster Swift Best Lawyers® 2022 "Ones to Watch", August 19, 2021
- 16 Attorneys Selected to 2021 Michigan Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars”, Michigan Super Lawyers, August 13, 2021
- 18 Attorneys Selected to 2020 Michigan Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars”, September 18, 2020
- Foster Swift Welcomes Joseph B. Gale to Firm, February 17, 2020
Wayne State University Law School, J.D. 2014, cum laude
Michigan State University, B.A., 2010, Business Administration, Pre-Law
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals