Ida Farhat, Advanced Certified Paralegal, is a member of the firm's Business & Corporate Practice Group. She is often recruited by attorneys in other practice groups for projects because of her wide range of experience. She routinely handles matters in the areas of business entity selection, organization, planning, licensing, transactions, governance, food, hospitality and alcohol industry services, trademarks and service marks, immigration, banking, finance and real estate, elder law, professional licensing hearings, freedom of information, commercial, construction, as well as general litigation.
Ida enjoys the diversity of her work and is constantly looking for innovative strategies to apply to the situation at hand. She is known to have a great network of resources (both people and technology) to call upon when researching difficult or particularly unique questions.
Continually striving for excellence, Ida has been recognized by her peers and holds leadership roles with NALA, The Paralegal Association on the Certifying Board, Great Lakes Paralegal Association and the State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant section.
Honors & Recognitions
President's Award, NALA, 2016
NALA, Advanced Certified Paralegal® (ACP), Contracts Administration and Contracts Management
NALA, Certified Paralegal® (CP)
Shining Star Award, State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section, 2014
Legal Professional of the Year Award, NALS of Michigan
Legal Professional of the Year Award, NALS of Lansing
Memberships & Affiliations
- NALA The Paralegal Association
- NALA Historical Committee 2016-2017 appointed 09-19-2016. Committee of three appointed to offer recommendations to preserve NALA's key historical accomplishments, events, transitions and to develop criteria to support archiving for future reference and maintenance.
- Certifying Board Member 2009 to August 31, 2016. Developed exam and policy changes for NALA's CP exam to receive accreditation in 2014 by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- Leadership Enhancement and Preparation Initiative (LEAP). LEAP focuses on leadership and learning coordinated by NALA’s Professional Development Committee designed to explore the various facets of leadership and prepare volunteers for NALA leadership roles. (Inaugural Class)
- Nominations and Elections, Chair
- Charter Member
- Great Lakes Paralegal Association (a NALA-Affiliated Association)
- Co-founder and Charter Member
- Parliamentarian and Board Member 2013-2014
- State Bar of Michigan
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section, former Council Member, former Chair Strategic Planning, Membership
- Assisted with development of Section Membership application criteria
- Business and Corporate Section, Member
- Administrative & Regulatory Law Section, Member
- Taxation Section, Member
- Coordinated Administrative Law and Environmental Law Councils with each Council’s seminars and special events held in connection with educational seminars and annual meetings sponsored by the Sections
- Ingham County Bar Association
News & Events
- Entity Selection, Organization & Planning
- Licensing - Professional - Business - Government
- Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy Law
- Immigration Law
- Business & Tax
- Tax Exempt Organizations
- Food, Hospitality & Liquor Law
- Commercial Litigation
- General & Commercial Litigation
- International Business & Trade
Michigan State University, B.A., Social Science, Pre-Law
Northwood University, A.A., Retailing and Marketing