Gary McRay is a shareholder of Foster Swift and represents for-profit corporations throughout Michigan as well as international interests doing business in the state.
Gary’s international law practice includes representation of foreign corporations in Michigan. This has included creation of an EB-5 Center and international financing, joint ventures and strategic alliances, acquisitions and direct investments.
Gary is a prolific author and invited speaker on international business issues. He has been published more than 30 times over the years and recently addressed the Michigan State University Business Council, presenting "Foreign Investment in the United States through EB-5 Centers."
Besides Foster Swift
Gary is active in the Michigan bar and served as chair of its Health Law Section. On the philanthropic side, he has been a staunch supporter of the arts communities, including membership on the board of directors and a term as president of the Lansing Art Gallery. He also served as president of Michigan State University's Wharton Center for the Performing Arts Advisory Board and as an officer and board member of the Center for the Arts and of the local Junior Achievement.
Gary, who likes a challenge and has good endurance, is an avid runner who has completed several marathons.
Honors & Recognitions
AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell
Best Lawyers in America (Health Care Law)
Michigan Super Lawyers (Health Care, Business/Corporate, Tax)
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan, Health Law Section, Former Chairperson
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Ingham County Bar Association
- MSU Wharton Center for the Performing Arts, Advisory Board, Past President
- Lansing Art Gallery, Member of the Board of Directors and Past President
- Lansing, Rotary, Past Member
- Center for the Arts and Junior Achievement, Past President
Recent Blog Posts
Health Care Law Blog
- Can a Non-Physician Own and Operate a Medical Facility in Michigan?
- OIG Recommends Audits of Meaningful Use Incentive Payments
- What’s Next After Health Care Bill’s Failure in Congress?
- DOJ Starts Cracking Down on Individual Health Care Executives for False Claims Act and Stark Law Violations Committed by Their Companies
- CMS Final Rule on Reporting and Returning of Overpayments Has Potentially Only an Eight-Month Safe Harbor
- Quality versus Quantity Transformation in Healthcare Picks Up Pace as CMS Issues New Rules
- CARE Act Legislation Signed Into Law By Governor Snyder and Set to Take Effect July 12th
- Is Losing Money by Employing Physicians a Stark Violation?
- Department of Justice Enters Into Record-Breaking Stark Law Settlement
- Quality vs. Quantity: Accountable Care Organization Results Keep Coming, as Does Some Criticism
News & Events
- An Explanation of the EB-5 Foreign Investor VISA Program, Lexwork International, November 9, 2011
- EB-5 Foreign Investor VISA Program, J.P. Morgan Chase, October 4, 2011
- Foreign Investment in the United States through EB-5 Centers, April 22, 2009
- Taking Your Manufacturing Business Global, April 22, 2009
- Regulatory and State Law Issues, 1998-present
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1972
University of Michigan, B.A., 1969
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan