Cody is a member of the firm’s Business and Tax Practice Group and works in the Grand Rapids and Lansing offices. Cody received a bachelor’s of business administration from Grand Valley State University with a focus on finance and business economics. During his time at Grand Valley, Cody interned in a local Congressman’s District Office. Before attending law school, he held multiple positions in the Michigan House of Representatives, including as a legislative aide.
Before joining Foster Swift, Cody was a Legal Extern in the Corrections Division at the Michigan Department of Attorney General. In this role, he assisted the state of Michigan in defending against a prisoner class action lawsuit by screening discovery documents, drafting successful motions for costs, and preparing affidavits for deposition.
Cody attended the Indiana University Maurer School of Law for his legal education. Throughout his time at law school, Cody was actively involved in campus events and associations. He was a member of the Business Law Society and an executive board member of the Federalist Society. He participated in the Sherman Minton Moot Court competition and, along with his partner, was awarded brief writing honors. He was an associate editor for the Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies and volunteered with multiple pro-bono groups.
Recent Blog Posts
BizTech Law Blog
Michigan Election Law Blog
- Whitmer Issues Executive Orders on Masks at Polling Places and Extending Remote Government Meetings, Foster Swift Municipal Law News E-blast, July 17, 2020
- Governor Whitmer Loosens Restrictions for Northern Michigan and the UP; Previews Future Regulations for Downstate Businesses, Foster Swift Legal Update E-blast, June 5, 2020
- Stay-at-Home Order Lifted: Many Businesses to Reopen Subject to Restrictions, Foster Swift Legal Update E-blast, June 1, 2020
- Up-North Restaurants and Bars to Open Under New Executive Order, Foster Swift Legal Update E-blast, May 20, 2020
- Executive Order 2020-91: Detailed Safeguards to Protect Workers, Foster Swift Legal Update E-blast, May 19, 2020
- Stay-At-Home Order Extended Through May 28; Manufacturing Opens May 11, Foster Swift Legal Update E-blast, May 8, 2020
News & Events
- Firm Launches New Campaign and Election Law Blog in Time for Elections, August 3, 2020
- Foster Swift Welcomes Three Associates, November 14, 2019