Caroline is a member of the firm’s Health Care and Business and Tax practice groups. She works out of the Grand Rapids and Holland offices.
She first pursued her interest in law as a community development intern for the City of Sioux Falls, South Dakota where she researched and drafted proposals for community development. While attending law school, Caroline was a litigation intern in the legal department of American Family Insurance as well as an extern in the legal department of Barnes Jewish Christian Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri.
Caroline attended the Saint Louis University School of Law for her legal education and earned a concentration in health law through the Center for Health Law Studies. Caroline was a staff member and editor of the Saint Louis University Law Journal. Throughout her time at law school, she received numerous awards and recognitions for her performance. Caroline was a faculty fellow, Dean’s Academic Scholarship Recipient, a teaching assistant for legal Research and writing, a Phi Delta Phi Treasurer, and was involved in the Health Law Association.
She received her undergraduate degrees in Business Administration and Government and International Affairs from Augustana University (SD). During her time at Augustana, Caroline was a recipient of the Division 2 Athletic Director’s Academic Award in addition to being a four year member of the women’s soccer team.
Recent Blog Posts
Health Care Law Blog
- Extension of Health Care Facility Visitor Restrictions – Executive Order 2020-37
- CMS Implements Infection Control Surveys for Nursing Homes
- Provider Requirements Waived by CMS due to COVID-19
- CMS Releases Guidance on Shared Space Arrangements
- LARA Issues Changes to Child Care Licensing Rules
Tax Law Blog
- COVID-19 Stimulus: A Guide to Business Relief Packages and Tax Relief, Foster Swift Legal Update E-blast, March 27, 2020
- 2020 Deadline & Procedural Changes for H-1B VISA—Fiscal Year 2021 CAP Season, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law E-blast, January 28, 2020
News & Events
- Foster Swift Welcomes Three Associates, November 14, 2019