Caroline is a member of the firm’s Health Care and Business and Tax practice groups. Her primary focus is assisting health care entities and businesses with a wide variety of regulatory and corporate matters, including federal fraud and abuse laws, HIPAA, and ERISA and other employee benefit issues. Caroline enjoys finding creative solutions that meet the goals of health care entities and employers and support patients and employees. Beyond providing regulatory and transactional advice, Caroline’s practice is diverse. She has experience researching and advising clients related to bankruptcy matters, public finance, and municipal law. Caroline also assists with a wide variety of professional licensing and commercial and insurance litigation matters.
Caroline attended Saint Louis University School of Law for her legal education and earned a concentration in health law through the Center for Health Law Studies. Caroline was a staff member and editor of the Saint Louis University Law Journal. Throughout her time at law school, she received numerous awards and recognitions for her performance.
Originally from Kansas City, Caroline received her undergraduate degrees in Business Administration and Government and International Affairs from Augustana University (South Dakota). During her time at Augustana, Caroline was a recipient of the Division 2 Athletic Director’s Academic Award and was a four year member of the women’s soccer team.
Recent Blog Posts
BizTech Law Blog
Health Care Law Blog
- Update on Relaxed Visitation Restrictions and Implementation Requirements for Residential Care Facilities
- Significant Changes to Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute Finalized
- Extension of Visitor Restrictions for Health Care and Residential Care Facilities
- Scope of Practice, Delegation, and Supervision Requirements for Health Professionals Caring for COVID-19 Patients Reinstated
- Updates to Michigan Nursing Home COVID-19 Regulatory Requirements
- New Requirements for Hospital Discharge and Long-Term Care Facility Residents
- Provider Relief Fund: Changes in Calculation Result in Potential Overpayment
- MDHHS Issues Guidance on Patient Care for Michigan Health Care Providers
- CMS Guidance for Home Health Agencies to Minimize Spread of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Stimulus: PPP 2.0 and Other Relief for Small Businesses, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law E-blast, December 29, 2020
- Judge Upholds MDHHS Order Requiring COVID-19 Testing of Migrant Workers, Foster Swift Agricultural Law News, September 28, 2020
- Voluntary Closure of Nursing Homes in Michigan, State Bar of Michigan (SBM) Health Care Law Section, June 24, 2020
- COVID-19 Federal Main Street Lending: Expanded Eligibility and Loan Options, Foster Swift Legal Update E-blast, May 4, 2020
- COVID-19 Stimulus: A Guide to Business Relief Packages and Tax Relief, Foster Swift Legal Update E-blast, March 27, 2020
- 2020 Deadline & Procedural Changes for H-1B VISA—Fiscal Year 2021 CAP Season, Foster Swift Business & Tax Law E-blast, January 28, 2020
News & Events
- Foster Swift Welcomes Three Associates, November 14, 2019