Amanda Afton Martin is a Trusts & Estates attorney in the firm's Southfield office.
Amanda joins Foster Swift with over 20 years of experience in the areas of estate planning and administration, taxation, business law and real estate. She enjoys building relationships with her clients and their families through her estate planning practice.
She provides wealth management strategies for clients to manage and preserve their assets that include designing estate plans, creating business and charitable entities, and tax planning. She regularly counsels and advises clients in their estate and business fiduciary roles, while serving as agents for others.
After a death, Amanda continues to serve families through trust and estate administration, as well as providing business succession and tax guidance. She brings a unique combination of experience and education in taxation, estate planning and administration and business law, lending valuable client representation and guidance.
Amanda graduated from Michigan State University Law School, and continued her legal education at Wayne State University, where she earned a Master of Laws degree in Taxation. She also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics from Eastern Michigan University.
Recent Blog Posts
Elder Law Blog
- Spotting and Stopping Elder Abuse by Those Exerting Undue Influence During COVID-19
- Dangers of DIY Estate Planning Emails
- Spending Time with Loved Ones During the COVID Holiday Season
- Nation's Veterans Continue to Serve During COVID-19
- Thirteen Estate Planning Terms You Need to Know
- Taking Steps to Protect the Most Vulnerable During COVID
- Decrease in Federal Gift and Estate Tax Exclusion Amount: No Time To Wait, Foster Swift Trust & Estates Law News, February 2, 2021
News & Events
- Amanda Martin Joins Foster Swift, Detroit Legal News, September 30, 2020
J.D., Michigan State University College of Law
LL.M. in Taxation, Wayne State University
BBA in Economics, Eastern Michigan University
Bar and Court Admissions