Health Care Reform Information Session for Employers
Thursday, August 12, 2010
8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Walsh College, Troy Campus
3838 Livernois Troy, MI 48083
There’s good news and bad news in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (HCERA) of 2010, find out which provisions are effective next year, and which ones will affect your business. Presented by Johanna Novak, attorney with Foster Swift, Collins and Smith and Walsh College alum and adjunct faculty member Tina Marie Wohlfield. Topics will include:
- Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
- Individual and Employer Coverage Mandates
- Penalties For Not Obtaining Coverage
- Simple Cafeteria Plans
- New W-2 Requirements
- Small Business Comprehensive Workplace Wellness Grant
- Flexible Spending Account Changes
- Dependent Coverage Changes
Student rate of $15 applies for all participants to cover the cost of breakfast.